• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

kobz

HSC
c_james said:
Hello, internal contradiction. Who created God? To this you have no answer, and thus the question of whether or not God exists is out of the realm of human reason. As I've said time and time again, you put your stock in faith. I put mine in fact.
God was never created he was always there,, he is a supreem being, as i said be4 there MUST BE A SUPREEM ORIGNATOR or ur never gana find anything

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
*yooneek* said:
lol thanks for the link (((do you know what is so bizzare? i was typing out that >exact< exerpt from "The Works of Josephus" which is open on my lap right now :p- funny eh))...

so by that link you are saying that the works of Josephus are unrelibale because Origen remarks that "he says nothing of the wonderful deeds that our Lord did"...when Josephus actually wrote He did "Wonderful works"...?
sorry im a bit slow.
There's lots of reasons u can see at that link for why people think it's unreliable. It's up to you to decide tho.

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
Where do basic elements come from? Whose to say that a god created them. A benevolent monkey is another possibility.

ANY theory dealing with the origin of elements/life/species/earth/planets/rock is by default more rational than saying "God did it."

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
kobz said:
God was never created he was always there,, he is a supreem being, as i said be4 there MUST BE A SUPREEM ORIGNATOR or ur never gana find anything
That makes no sense. If everything has an origin, surely God must too. You cannot establish an absolute rule and make God the one exception. Think about the concept of being "always there". It inherently makes no sense; it is an affront to human reason.

kobz

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
How can you say nature can't do it by its self? You have absolutely no evidence for that claim.
this nature 2 create such thiings like us humans needs 2 have greatttt intellect

kobz

HSC
vanush said:
Where do basic elements come from? Whose to say that a god created them. A benevolent monkey is another possibility.

ANY theory dealing with the origin of elements/life/species/earth/planets/rock is by default more rational than saying "God did it."
who created the monkey??? see ur going in circules it had to come from 1 source

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
vanush said:
Who created the source?
Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Now watch kobz reply with some vague 'but He's absolute!' garbage.

kobz

HSC
c_james said:
That makes no sense. If everything has an origin, surely God must too. You cannot establish an absolute rule and make God the one exception. Think about the concept of being "always there". It inherently makes no sense; it is an affront to human reason.
Think about the concept of being "always there" see you are refering 2 TIME, time started at the big bang. God is greater and u cant limit him in ur domain!

kobz

HSC
vanush said:
Who created the source? Who created the source of the source? Who created the source of the source of the source?
YOU STILL GOING IN CIRCULES u MUST have a start??? isnt that logic???? a suprreem start for everything 2 occur as it has

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
2 ntb :)
i know you have one up on me in the education department...
lol but thats really interesting about Josephus... i mean i dont see that as evidence enough to say this his works arent reliable...so do you disregard Josephus' writings and not accept them as historical documents?

i'll talk about Josephus with my dad in the morning...thanks.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
kobz said:
Think about the concept of being "always there" see you are refering 2 TIME, time started at the big bang. God is greater and u cant limit him in ur domain!
And finally we return to my original point. The very fact that we can't know him "in our domain" means WE CANNOT KNOW HIM AT ALL. That is, we cannot know even whether he exists or not. I take my arguing lessons from Socrates, y'see. Take them around in circles and make them agree with you in the end.

kobz

HSC
c_james said:
Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Now watch kobz reply with some vague 'but He's absolute!' garbage.
u say absolute gargbage?????

tell me can you have maths without infinity or absolute?????????

kobz

HSC
c_james said:
And finally we return to my original point. The very fact that we can't know him "in our domain" means WE CANNOT KNOW HIM AT ALL. That is, we cannot know even whether he exists or not. I take my arguing lessons from Socrates, y'see. Take them around in circles and make them agree with you in the end.
we cant fully know some1, therefore we cant know him at all

wat a statement!!!!

does every1 believe thats true

see i dnt fully know you but i know sum things about u i.e. that u dnt believe in god

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
kobz said:
we cant fully know some1, therefore we cant know him at all

wat a statement!!!!

does every1 believe thats true

see i dnt fully know you but i know sum things about u i.e. that u dnt believe in god
That's a flawed example, because I'm within "your domain", as you call it. You can therefore know some things about me. I am not God; he is, according to you, in "another domain". The very fact that he exists in a domain independent of ours means we cannot know him in any way, or even if he does exist.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
i know you have one up on me in the education department...
What makes you think that? It shouldn't matter anyway, cause there's alot of people out there that are very smart and have very pretty degrees that are also very stupid :)

lol but thats really interesting about Josephus... i mean i dont see that as evidence enough to say this his works arent reliable...so do you disregard Josephus' writings and not accept them as historical documents?
I do not accept them as historical documents, no, they are historical documents. Might he have said something about Jesus? Maybe, but to me WHAT he really said about jesus (which no secular historian believes is what is in that extract) is what's important. The jesus story has changed over the years and is similar to other myths.

Last edited:

kobz

HSC
dnt make it all tricky n try 2 confuse every1

take me as an eg

you dnt fully know me

but u know i exist dnt u?? u know i believe in God???

hay maybe i dnt exist and they by some accident the computer is typing all this 2 u

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)