Does God exist? (6 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

cheesman

HSC
KeypadSDM said:
If you could prove God exists, then we would all believe it anyway.
err no deal.
from numerous experiences i have had you cannot really prove Gods existence to someone
you can merely present evidence and arguments, combined with certain happenings of the supernatural (eg miracles) and leave it up to them.

so it wouldnt matter how much evidence i gave u to back up my claims, u could easily just pass it off so dont say that youd all believe it anyway
in the bible for example where there are miracles, some believe them and some doubt, is this not proof enough for God's existence? yet they dont believe it anyway

[quoted from littlewing69: if God is omniscient, omnibenevolent and omnipotent, he would know that people are going to hell, be struck with compassion, and use his unlimited powers to make us skeptics believe in him without reserve.[/quote]

ok here, the thing is he is struck with compassion and wants us to be with Him. Due to his love and compassion for us he did use his unlimited powers with Jesus/Cross etc.. Although, its up to us not so much God to determine our future. You see, now that jesus died we can go to heaven. we have the choice to believe or not. therefore, our future is in whether we choose Gods way (believing in Jesus and living for him) or rejecting jesus. so its up to us.
also if he made us believe you wouldnt believe, you would know, since it would be as normal to u as breathing.
also God gave us free will, that is obvious in seeing wat ppl do, if God made us believe in Him he would be taking away that free will, thus creating robots that are all alike. so if he made us belive in him, it wouldnt really be ourselves believing, since believing is seen as an independant opinion on somethin and therefore that belief wouldnt be all important since it is forced and not a deliberate choice.
eg. if someone put a gun to ur head saying love me, ud say yes. but u wouldnt really love them. God wants to know who is genuine who would really love Him.

Quoted from Sam04U: It's sorta 'uneasy' for me to accept an entity with so much power being on earth and executed (so that rules out christianity for me)

So u reject it because u find it difficult to believe?
well, you believe in a god right? thats pretty out there, i know,
so if u can accept something as out there as a god, what stops you from accetping something the god supposedly did, if all things are possible with gods? i hope u see where im coming from , my thoughts are slightly muddled

also just randomly, with the whole christian creationism debate. God is God. doing things like making the world in 7 days is wat makes Him God. IF u say he cant do this, you are taking away his divinity. i dont know if he did do it or not, But i know he can and that is why evolution doesnt disprove the christian creation story, since God is God, why couldnt he make the world in 7 days, leaving behind elaborate things to suggest otherwise (eg fossils/evidence for evolution). if evolution is ever 'proved' God could still have made the world as said in the bible simply because He IS.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Why should it be laughed at? and why do you link me to sites where people obviously have a sour-hate for Islam... screw the fag who made that site... and screw anyone who has similar thoughts on Islam. If you do then I choose not to converse with you anymore because I'll regard you as mentally invalid in whcih case I gain nothing from arguing wiith.

Be respectful and considerate before linking me to a site which you claim disproves a book which is older then the hypocrises and lies of an idiot who has ill-informed decisions about a 1300 year old religion...

fucking fag....

cheesman

HSC
could u highlight wat part ur talking about?
i know its not the first, cause thats just referring to behaviour of people and the like.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Why should it be laughed at?
Well because claiming you predicted something only after it happened is er... well not predicting at all is it? You have to predict something before it happens, not just claim you did after the fact.

and why do you link me to sites where people obviously have a sour-hate for Islam...
What does it matter? Dispute what they say, the facts, don't just call bias then ignore them. I imagine you'd find any website/group critical of islam to have a sour-hate, unfortunately websites that support islam are unlikely to unravel any lies within the religion.

If you do then I choose not to converse with you anymore because I'll regard you as mentally invalid in whcih case I gain nothing from arguing wiith.
I haven't read up on their views of islam, just stick to the topic at hand... the apparent 'prophecies'. I don't bother to get perfect 'sources' for attacking you when you try to claim prophesy in your holy text because I really think it should be put to the side straight away.

The Greek physician Hippocrates and his followers taught in the fifth century BC that semen comes from all the fluid in the body, diffusing from the brain into the spinal marrow, before passing through the kidneys and via the testicles into the penis [3]. Clearly according to this view sperm originates from the region of the kidneys, and although there is serious scientific error to this teaching today, it was well-known in the 7th century period, and shows how the Qur'an could contain such an erroneous statement. So this is an example of an incorrect ancient Greek idea re-emerging in the Qur'an.
So not only did they not predict it, they coppied it from the greeks and both they and the greeks got it wrong. What say you?

Be respectful and considerate before linking me to a site which you claim disproves a book which is older then the hypocrises and lies of an idiot who has ill-informed decisions about a 1300 year old religion...
I don't care how old your book is.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Shouldn't you be sandwiched inbetween a group of horny cadets in a rut of estrogen and anti-islamic chants which result in a 'group hug' and the beating of innocents? while still adamantly supporting your countries 'sovereignity' and your intentions to free the world of the evil RELIGION and bring freedom (gaydom) to the rest of the world?

Yah... my point exactly....

I don't need to be an ambassador for my 'religion' every day of the year, sometime I can just be myself a regular aussie man who feels discriminated against and is used to having freedom of speech. But, oh wait I forgot, you religiousless racist, atheist, religions (bashing) scum don't hold those beliefs about Islamic people right? According to you we're the center of all terrorism. I love watching you spit out these memes which you hold against religion which you use against religion. It's all TOO common...

"Why should I believe in god when I can believe in the spaghetting Monster" (I dunno retard now go back to special ed and do as your teacher who teaches you all subjects instructs you too),
or this one, it's my favourite...
"Not, ALL muslims are terrorists, but Most TERRORISTS are MUSLIM!" (Sure, you dickhead, and we'll let you define what a terrorist is right? A muslim fighting for their rights... Bah... Imbecile....)

robo-andie

HSC
sam04u said:
OMFG RELIGION IS EVIL... LOOK THEY CARE ABOUT THE PROBLEMS IN THE WORLD... THAT EVIL RELIGION WHICH TRICKS US TO BE NICE...
Religion doesn't make a person good or bad. You're delluded if you think religion is the [only] reason people do good things.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
"Why should I believe in god when I can believe in the spaghetting Monster" (I dunno retard now go back to special ed and do as your teacher who teaches you all subjects instructs you too),
Good one. Can you explain how the belief that a flying spaghetti monster created the universe is any less wise than your own? No - you can't, nice work making fun of your own belief.

As for the rest of the whole 'oh noes im muzlim xxemoxx' stuff, I think you'll find atheists are often just as harsh on militant, state-run (or interventions in state affairs), conservative, religious theocratic dictatorships... many are also very critical of george w bush's foreign policy etc.

God is God. doing things like making the world in 7 days is wat makes Him God. IF u say he cant do this, you are taking away his divinity.
Er isn't making the world in 7 days instead of instantly kinda a shot to his divinity too? Come on we all gotta prop gods' 'divinity' because we all know what an emo son of a bitch he can be.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Re: Robo Andie,
Did I say that religion is the only factor which 'makes' people care about 'good'? I think you would agree though that religion attributed the majority of morals which we live by today and that alone is a reason to treat it with respect (some religions which actually influenced the world).

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I think you would agree though that religion attributed the majority of morals which we live by today and that alone is a reason to treat it with respect (some religions which actually influenced the world).
Most of the good morals which religions taught were already there, i have shown how the basics of them could come to being through evolution before (i.e. helping each other/empathy, groups live better than singles). The shitty morals like 'worship god' etc haven't done anything positive for the world.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Who sais I can't? Spaghetti which is man made is prepared by wheat (semolina) and has only existed for close to 5,000 years In china. Also, a monster is a legendary term for the legendary creatures and creatures which are 'evil', that exist to torture humans.

So, the overwhelming facts as well as the creation of the religion (2005) leads me to believe it is a crock of shit, as it supports nothing and only serves as a parody to religion. (whereas the mainstream religions have asserted so much morals as to give you the rights you have today to make the fallacious arguments which you do. )

robo-andie

HSC
sam04u said:
Re: Robo Andie,
Did I say that religion is the only factor which 'makes' people care about 'good'? I think you would agree though that religion attributed the majority of morals which we live by today and that alone is a reason to treat it with respect (some religions which actually influenced the world).
No, I wouldn't agree. I think religion claimed the morals and values innate within a human and wrote them down in a book for all to see, parading it's brilliance at contributing to society.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
sam04u said:
(crap, bullshit, some more crap, a bunch of unsubstantiated claims, crap, crap, additional crap)...I have the science to prove god exists
I never thought it'd reach the point where I wouldn't even have to bother with counter-argument. Alas, the religious types never cease to amaze me.

L

littlewing69

ok here, the thing is he is struck with compassion and wants us to be with Him. Due to his love and compassion for us he did use his unlimited powers with Jesus/Cross etc..
Wait. So God's unbelievable powers involved sending a man to earth who did some admittedly cool tricks and rose from the dead. Then God arranged to have a dodgy, unverifiable, contradictory record of these events passed down..and this is how he is meant to convince me?? Why not just stick a sign in the sky?

Although, its up to us not so much God to determine our future. You see, now that jesus died we can go to heaven. we have the choice to believe or not.
How is it a free choice if the consequence of option B is eternal punishment? Furthermore, not all of us are able to believe. I can't muster the doublethink or the cognitive dissonance to do it, as much as I would like to.

also if he made us believe you wouldnt believe, you would know, since it would be as normal to u as breathing.
Correct. So why does God make "believing in him" the aim of our existence. I thought he loved us and wanted to be with us? Why doesn't he come here and have a beer with me? It'd be good fun..

also God gave us free will, that is obvious in seeing wat ppl do, if God made us believe in Him he would be taking away that free will, thus creating robots that are all alike. so if he made us belive in him, it wouldnt really be ourselves believing, since believing is seen as an independant opinion on somethin and therefore that belief wouldnt be all important since it is forced and not a deliberate choice.
Once again..why "belief"? Why is that important? Christians who claim to know that God exists don't behave like robots, do they? Why can't God make himself clear to everyone? God revealing himself doesn't negate free will, it would just expand our knowledge of the universe.

eg. if someone put a gun to ur head saying love me, ud say yes. but u wouldnt really love them. God wants to know who is genuine who would really love Him.
So he threatens us with hell if we don't love him? I fail to see how that is any different to your gun analogy.

So u reject it because u find it difficult to believe?
Why do you reject Islam?

also just randomly, with the whole christian creationism debate. God is God. doing things like making the world in 7 days is wat makes Him God. IF u say he cant do this, you are taking away his divinity. i dont know if he did do it or not, But i know he can and that is why evolution doesnt disprove the christian creation story, since God is God, why couldnt he make the world in 7 days, leaving behind elaborate things to suggest otherwise (eg fossils/evidence for evolution). if evolution is ever 'proved' God could still have made the world as said in the bible simply because He IS.
Wow. I was talking about cognitive dissonance before, but I didn't think it could exist on such a grand scale. Even if creation is absolutely disproven, beyond a shadow of doubt, you still believe it? Isn't that what they call..erm..insanity?

And why would God leave behind fossils to trick us? Doesn't sound like a God who wants us to beleive at all. Hell, sounds like God likes evolutionists better than Christians. If God left behind the fossils, then evolutionists are just..well..following God's word, no?

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
sam04u said:
Why should it be laughed at? and why do you link me to sites where people obviously have a sour-hate for Islam... screw the fag who made that site... and screw anyone who has similar thoughts on Islam. If you do then I choose not to converse with you anymore because I'll regard you as mentally invalid in whcih case I gain nothing from arguing wiith.

fucking fag....
Does Allah approve of you calling people 'fucking fags' in what has so far been a rational debate, from one side at least?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
And why would God leave behind fossils to trick us? Doesn't sound like a God who wants us to beleive at all. Hell, sounds like God likes evolutionists better than Christians. If God left behind the fossils, then evolutionists are just..well..following God's word, no?
lol bill hicks,

Fundamentalist Christians believe the world is 12 thousand years old... I asked this guy, I said: "Come on, man, dinosaur fossils. What's the deal?" He goes, "God put those here to test our faith." "I think God put you here to test my faith, dude."

Does that bother anyone, the idea that GOD might be fucking with our heads?! Anyone having trouble sleeping restfully with that thought in their head? God's running around burying fossils. "Ho, ho.. we'll see who believes in me now! Ho, ho, I'm a prankster God! I am killing me!" You know -- you die, you go to St. Peter. "Did you believe in dinosaurs?" "Well, yeah, there was fossils everywhere!"--*gunshot*--"Aaahhhh!" "What are you, an idiot? God was FUCKING with you!! Giant, flying, lizards -- you moron! That's one of God's EASIEST jokes!" "It seemed do plausible. AAAAHHHHHH!" Bound for the lake of fire."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)