Does God exist? (7 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
CharlieB said:
it's a very touchy subject, there are numerious schools of though regarding the issue.

imo the modern catholic church does not 'fundamentally discriminate' against other religions, in fact it has become more open, inclusive of other religeons.
like when the pope recently reaffirmed the catholic faith was the only way to heaven? :D

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
CharlieB said:
it's a very touchy subject, there are numerious schools of though regarding the issue.

imo the modern catholic church does not 'fundamentally discriminate' against other religions, in fact it has become more open, inclusive of other religeons.

"Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, as they know it through the dictates of their conscience-those too may achieve eternal salvation." http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/para/847.htm
What does "knowing" mean? I mean, I know all about the gospel of christ and his church... I just don't believe it. You think that was made to encompass me? I doubt it.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
What about those who " through no fault of their own" cannot bring themselves to believe in any god because of a lack of evidence to convince them. If they live well and treat others with respect and dignity should they still suffer for eternity in hell?
imo

no, they shouldn't.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
Do you think that's the church's opinion?
If you believe in the God of the bible , would you really think you were in a position to make your own judgement on the matter?
I dont really think you would...... I think that owuld be restricted to 'God'.
Emotive argument :)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
*TRUE* said:
If you believe in the God of the bible , would you really think you were in a position to make your own judgement on the matter?
I dont really think you would...... I think that owuld be restricted to 'God'.
Emotive argument :)
Oh ok, so you don't make judgements? You wouldn't tell me that for instance... to have an abortion is wrong?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
Oh ok, so you don't make judgements? You wouldn't tell me that for instance... to have an abortion is wrong?
?
Im confused?
I dont know you why would i ever tell you what to do? Enteebee allow me to remind you.....that you will not be pregnant any time soon.
You are a man. :)
Actually...in the bible , im pretty sure a foetus was worth less. In the old testament...ill have t have a look. SORRY if im wrong....
I just fuzzily recall something about a pregnant woman getting punched in the tummy and losing the baby.
The death penalty did not apply here as did murder in other cases?
Im so sorry if im wrong.

Also: That Emytaylor thread is so, so slack. :( I hate it.

Last edited:

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
Oh actually i think i know what you mean
Like : Christians have such strong moral values ( or say they do anyway:) ) yet i say they cannot judge whether a person is going to hell or not?
Okay. Well the bible says specifically that God will judge whether a person will go to heaven ( or not)
God laid down moral guidelines ( in the bible)...so a Christian feels like many decisions regarding right and wrong have already been made by GOD ( so not them personally)

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
jews are awesome

edit: sorry for the shit post katie
They are though. Awesome (not to mention utterly incredible) that they're still around , lol.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
wtf

all i asked was why jews censor the word god. what the hell are you talking about? i actually asked why he censors the word, it's a hell of a lot more than what you do when confronted science

i could have easily dismissed it and said 'lol i dont care why he censors it coz i find it boring'

god ur dumb
i was saying when you said you dont care.
Not going off cos you dont know.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
Well hold on, let's back up.

If good deeds do not count towards your admission into heaven, why do you do them? If you proclaim your love for God and do everything else a Christian is meant to do, then is it safe to say that good deeds are irrelevent and not obligatory?

I'm asking whether you think your good deeds are above the good deeds of say an atheist, because yours are motivated by your faith.

I really dont understand this post.
Whats wrong with loving people just because?
I think trying to be 'Christlike' is sort of why a person should call themselves a Christian.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
*TRUE* said:
I really dont understand this post.
Whats wrong with loving people just because?
I think trying to be 'Christlike' is sort of why a person should call themselves a Christian.
My post was in response to emy saying that good deeds do not get you into heaven. By her own admission, good deeds count for nothing. So I wanted to know, if this is so, is it safe to assume that you will go to heaven as a Christian without doing any good deeds.

If not, then does this not imply a fault in the idea that good deeds are not necessary to ascend into heaven.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
if hitler professed belief in Jesus just before he killed himself then he went to heaven

all our good deeds are filthy rags because we sin and only telepathically telling god you believe in him & that his human sacrifice can wash away all your responsibility for your sins can get you into heaven

that is all

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
if hitler professed belief in Jesus just before he killed himself then he went to heaven

all our good deeds are filthy rags because we sin and only telepathically telling god you believe his human sacrifice washes away bad actions can get you into heaven

that is all
Lol...I love "that is all"
Hmmm. Faith without deeds is DEAD.
If someone accepted Christ as saviour ( this doesnt mean empty words) then yes , they would go to Heaven ( i assume)
But again. Faith without deeds is totally pathetic.
Like the whole , 'Im praying for you' thing. Sometimes i think Christians say that because they dont want to get off their fat bottoms and DO SOMETHING!!!!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I'd say that from a Christian perspective good deeds SHOULD be a requirement for heaven.

Because I take doing good deeds to be part of basically being a decent person who respects other people. Which is a requirement of being a good Christian, right? And you can't get to heaven without being a Christian.

So good deeds = good Christian = ticket to heaven.

lol this is probably the most flawed logic ever

no wait, that'd be emytaylor's domain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)