Does God exist? (18 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
inasero said:
I wouldn't want to test God to find out, and much as I hate being a wet blanket with all this doom and gloom teaching I'm afraid to say Jesus will come back one day to judge the living and the dead and it will not be pretty for those who haven't repented of their sins.
Well, you know, you're tempting the ominous wrath of His Noodliness with this worshipping of false gods, you know. Maybe you should just repent of YOUR sins, and eat pasta.

...that is what you sound like, and all the sense you make.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Something about your post..means something to me.
I didnt just say that.
We don't come from entirely incompatible backgrounds. Most of us KNOW what it is like to believe (myself not inculded, but I'm in the minority), and thus we know just how hard it is to accept something different.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Enteebee said:
You have no way of knowing it wasn't another God/Supernatural entity. No way at all. But if you just want to magically conjure up that God told you that he exists so it's basically "God exists because I believe he told me he exists" then that's fine... but your belief is still stuck in your head and it's little better than "God exists because I think so".

Pass my test then. I want a heuristic which we can use to test the veracity of the bible which wouldn't give an equal pass to the koran i.e. If you use different translations, pick and choose etc then we can also do that with the koran.

You're not nuts, you just don't really believe this stuff... If you did then you would indeed be nuts. Someone who claims to have had a personal experience with God has no greater claim to sanity than someone who has claimed a personal experience with Santa Claus. Unless you think there's something that separates the two?
Tell me how I could post consistenly here about my beliefs without truly believing in what I did. Maybe you're secretly hoping for my sake that I don't actually believe in this stuff, but I'm sorry I'm willing to go all the way and put my life on the line for the truth, just as you highly value truth.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
That revelation is totally incompatible with Jesus Christ.
No because the Qur'an confirms that Jesus (pbuh) or as we know him Isa taught the true words of Allah, "He has sent down to you the Book with the truth, confirming what preceded it; and He has sent down the Torah and the Gospel (of Prophet Jesus) before, as a guidance for people, and He sent down the Criterion. (Sura 3:3-4a)". However, the Christians corrupted their texts and that is where the incompatibility arises.

It is not that Muhammad (SAW) did not understand Christian theology and misunderstood it in his 'revelations'. It was corruption.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
inasero said:
Tell me how I could post consistenly here about my beliefs without truly believing in what I did.
Because you really, really, really hope it's true... If you truly are willing to die for your belief then maybe you're one of the minority of believers who are truly just insane.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
i reckon if you were going to put your blind faith in a book, the koran's a better choice than the bible because
- they unambiguously believe it's the 100% word of god, not this sort-of-inspired mucking around you have with the bible, and
- it has a lot less internal contradictions

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Enteebee said:
Because you really, really, really hope it's true... If you truly are willing to die for your belief then maybe you're one of the minority of believers who are truly just insane.
if you have nothing worth dying for, you have nothing worth living for.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
inasero said:
I wouldn't want to test God to find out, and much as I hate being a wet blanket with all this doom and gloom teaching I'm afraid to say Jesus will come back one day to judge the living and the dead and it will not be pretty for those who haven't repented of their sins.
God needs to learn to take a joke.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
i reckon if you were going to put your blind faith in a book, the koran's a better choice than the bible because
- they unambiguously believe it's the 100% word of god, not this sort-of-inspired mucking around you have with the bible, and
- it has a lot less internal contradictions
I "unambiguously believe it's the 100% word of god"...

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
2 Kings 2:23-24
Oh my gosh , lol lol lol that is the funniest story ever!!!!!!
"GO on up you baldhead , go on up you baldhead!" Lol.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Graney said:
God needs to learn to take a joke.
What if I insulted someone in your family and told them they needed to take a joke?

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
inasero said:
if you have nothing worth dying for, you have nothing worth living for.
I would be willing to die if all the pleasures/joys of life were sucked out of it somehow.... But seriously can you address the rest of my points? I truly don't think you've got many legs left to stand on Mr Inasero... You are a dogmatic person who rejects logic and therefore no place within the confines of any debate.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Enteebee said:
I would be willing to die if all the pleasures/joys of life were sucked out of it somehow.
Where do you suppose you derive all pleasure and joy?
How can you possibly reconcile your pleasure and joy with all the suffering that's going on in this world?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
inasero said:
What if I insulted someone in your family and told them they needed to take a joke?
I hate it when someone says something really disrespectful and hurtful then says its a joke in order to get out of it.
I usually laugh but I dont forget it easily. Im not such a good Christian.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
The world without God is not that scary a place. The sun still shines, you still laugh and feel joy, and you still love and are loved. I guess a lot of my frustrated criticism is directed at those that think it is physically impossible for those things to exist without the dictation of God, which would imply that you think I live a false life.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
inasero said:
I "unambiguously believe it's the 100% word of god"...
no but muslims believe the quran was written down by god himself, at the beginning of time

most xtians acknowledge the books of the bible were originally penned by humans at least

*TRUE* said:
Oh my gosh , lol lol lol that is the funniest story ever!!!!!!
"GO on up you baldhead , go on up you baldhead!" Lol.
lol, children being mauled by bears is funny? :S

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Enteebee said:
I would be willing to die if all the pleasures/joys of life were sucked out of it somehow.... But seriously can you address the rest of my points? I truly don't think you've got many legs left to stand on Mr Inasero... You are a dogmatic person who rejects logic and therefore no place within the confines of any debate.
Why thank you, in all seriousness I'm glad you consider me dogmatic because it shows I'm doing my job properly, which is to speak the truth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)