Does God exist? (5 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

impervious182

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
sorry eyes are playing up i thought you wrote He, or did you edit it?
I might have. lol.

In truth, I went back as soon as I had written the response to check if you were male or female, when I saw female I changed it. THat's why it doesn't say it was edited. YOu must have refreshed the page before I'd had a chance to change it.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
tommykins said:
then I accept the FSM and that your God doesn't exist because only the FSM can exist?
if you believe in the FSM then yes, I can not prove that it does not exist

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
alexdore993 said:
I might have. lol.

In truth, I went back as soon as I had written the response to check if you were male or female, when I saw female I changed it. THat's why it doesn't say it was edited. YOu must have refreshed the page before I'd had a chance to change it.
yes must of happened, but cos i replied after you changed it it has she

nikolas

HSC
alexdore993 said:
Which would be an appropriate stance to take, had there been thousands of sightings of the FSM and recounts of these sightings corroborated.
There are 1000's of sightings of allah/zeus/"insert random gods here" Clearly an appeal to majority is not a good proof/argument.

Last edited:

nikolas

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
if you believe in the FSM then yes, I can not prove that it does not exist
But you would think us silly if we really did?

Tistime345

HSC
what is always quoted in the bibles as proof of a God is the abiity to mak astoudnly accurate prohpecies about the future, and Carbon dating, known to be most accurate as well as historical records show that manuscripts such as the dead sea scroll versions of Isaiah etc were written before these events took place. how else did so accurate prophecies be made

Lukybear

HSC
tommykins said:
then I accept the FSM and that your God doesn't exist because only the FSM can exist?
Well, yes there would be no way to disprove the FSM. However, the FSM dont have half the world following it does it?

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
nikolas said:
Yeh does damn unborn fetuses/ people who have never heard of Christianity should all burn in hell.

Sorry but your god is an egotistical idiot if he believes that everyone needs to be forgiven for something Adam and Eve did.
you say we are picking and choosing? you just selectively decided to ignore so many things we have already addressed

impervious182

HSC
nikolas said:
There are 1000's of sightings of allah/zeus/"insert random gods here" Clearly an appeal to majority is not a good proof/argument.
Zeus was disproven.

It is true that people have claimed to see Allah... and if you decide to believe this religion, which isn't as inclusive as Christianity, then you have every right to do so.

I believe in Christianity, because it is a religion based on inclusion, love, compassion, empathy and redemption.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
nikolas said:
that argument is fallacious firstly because it appeals to majority, have you really counted? don't use numbers when they don't mean anything.

secondly you imply these sightings are confirmed. which you can't really

nikolas

HSC
alexdore993 said:
Zeus was disproven.

It is true that people have claimed to see Allah... and if you decide to believe this religion, which isn't as inclusive as Christianity, then you have every right to do so.

I believe in Christianity, because it is a religion based on inclusion, love, compassion, empathy and redemption.
Where has Zeus been disproved?

Fall in member numbers of the Ancient Greek religion does not disprove Zeus.

Your not refuting the point though, why are their testimonies less valuable than christian ones. I'm pretty sure, any Muslim will tell me their religion is inclusive as well.

Your last paragraph is an appeal to emotion, which is completely irrelevant to the question if there is or is not a God.

impervious182

HSC
nikolas said:
Where has Zeus been disproved?

Fall in member numbers of the Ancient Greek religion does not disprove Zeus.
Erm... unless no one has ever gone to the top of Olympus... then he has been disproved.

nikolas

HSC
gibbo153 said:
that argument is fallacious firstly because it appeals to majority, have you really counted? don't use numbers when they don't mean anything.

secondly you imply these sightings are confirmed. which you can't really
/facepalm

Do you even know what an appeal to majority is?
Do you realize his numbers dont mean anything?
Do you realize he implies his supporting sightings are confirmed? Which he really can't.

nikolas

HSC
alexdore993 said:
Erm... unless no one has ever gone to the top of Olympus... then he has been disproved.
Yeh but you see i don't support the literal interpretation. :p

nikolas

HSC
gibbo153 said:
when was god disproved.........
Hey, I'm using the same logic as you are and highlighting why it is flawed, sorry you didn't see that.

impervious182

HSC
nikolas said:
Yeh but you see i don't support the literal interpretation. :p
hahaha... but the allusions to Olympus are quite obviously literate. That's why no one believes in Greek mythology anymore... Also, I've been using google earth, but I can't seem to find the hands supposedly holding up the earth...

Christianity and even Islam make none of these outlandish claims.

As for believing in Islam. One has a right to believe in it, sure. I'm Christian, because I believe that God loves everyone regardless of religion and that anyone can be forgiven, regardless of beliefs or how they live their life... as long as they accept God into their lives and ask for forgiveness.

nikolas

HSC
alexdore993 said:
hahaha... but the allusions to Olympus are quite obviously literate. That's why no one believes in Greek mythology anymore... Also, I've been using google earth, but I can't seem to find the hands supposedly holding up the earth...

Christianity and even Islam make none of these outlandish claims.

As for believing in Islam. One has a right to believe in it, sure. I'm Christian, because I believe that God loves everyone regardless of religion and that anyone can be forgiven, regardless of beliefs or how they live their life... as long as they accept God into their lives and ask for forgiveness.

Rubbish, if the literal interpretation of the bible were kept than;

• The earth would be 6000 years.
  • Unicorns would be real creatures.
  • If i raped a Girl, i could pay 30-50 pieces of silver (depending which passage you chose) to the father and marry her.
These are only off the top of my head.
[*] Noah's ark.

On a less serious point.

The hand is metaphor, representing the power of The Olympic Gods power/force holding the earth in its relative motion, to you and me this is known as gravity. :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)