Does God exist? (3 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

davin

HSC
N/A
i think it works the other way, i dismissed the theory of the big bang, which means that either somethin else caused radiation in the universe, or that radiation was always there.
Remember the big bang did not create the universe, rather the big bang lets say arranged all the rocks in the universe. dependin on ur definition of 'universe' of course.
oh katie, hate me all u want, ( i have a feeling everyone hates me).

universe is at this point basicly defined as everything we're aware of.
now, as for your comment about radiation, radiation doesn't "just exist", it does have to have some source of some nature to radiate from. now, you've proven that you have no idea what the cosmic background radiationo is whatsoever, so i'll sum up quickly. basicly, there is a background radiation that has been detected in the entire universe. when looking in any direction, ignoring occasional closer features, the radiation is almost exactly the same. the wavelength it is at, corresponds exactly for the shift in the spectrum that had been calculated from the first light in the universe, which took place a little bit into the life of the universe, when, basicly, the universe first became transparent. the values for what wavelength it would be came out of a lot of what we know about chemistry.
the existance of the radiation, and at what wavelength it would be found, was predicted a good 10 or 20 years before it was actually detected. Note that the wavelength was predicted, not just "oh, theyre's something in the background", it was a specific prediction based on theory, and it was supported by evidence

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
webby234 said:
ARGUMENT FROM SMUGNESS
(1) God exists.
(2) I don't give a crap whether you believe it or not; I have better things to do than to try to convince you morons.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

i like that reasoning. I believe he exists...thats all i have to say.

as anyone seen the HitchHiker's Guide To the Galaxy reasoning about the yellow fish & the logic of God's exsitince (cant spell:()?? funny

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Stalk_if_u_dare, u know that the guy who wrote the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy is actually a highly noted sceptic and atheist? :p
yeah i know...doesnt mean cos im a christian i protest against it. i just love the "Oh, I never thought of that" & disappears in a puff of thought "Oh, that was easy" said man...etc etc

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Stalk_if_u_dare, u know that the guy who wrote the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy is actually a highly noted sceptic and atheist? :p
Salmon of Doubt demolished my god

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
of course you shouldn't protest, I just thought i'd point it out cuz he's very witty, I love this video lecture i got of him and richard dawkins (and some others), he was really creative with the way he explained the origins of religion, really funny guy. The world is less not having him :)

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
of course you shouldn't protest, I just thought i'd point it out cuz he's very witty, I love this video lecture i got of him and richard dawkins (and some others), he was really creative with the way he explained the origins of religion, really funny guy. The world is less not having him :)
tis such a shame he's not with us....he might have made the movie better

davin

HSC
N/A
the BBC's miniseries version was way better. They should've just released that

HotShot

-_-
HSC
katie_tully said:
I am hearting both of you. Except hot-shot. But there is no cute ascii image for a dagger.

tats nice, its o nly a dagger that ur were intending. i have had all sorts of other stuff.....

but anyway.

gerhard

HSC
hey christians, whats the best version of the bible for reading (ie not for academic purposes, so exclude new standand revised and its ilk). king james?

K

katie_tully

Mr Brew yelled at me cos i questioned about the Big Bang when i was in yr5
I was "removed" from scripture permanently, for constantly arguing with the teacher. He really was a gronk though.

"The grand canyon was created in 3 DAYS!!! NOT BY WEATHERING, SEDIMENTATION AND EROSION LIKE SCIENTISTS THINK! KEKE...SCIENCE PROVES NOTHING, BUT LET ME SHOW U AN EXPERIMENT TO PROVE TEH GRAND CANYON WAS FORMED IN 3 DAYS!!!!"

Wanker.

MRCUNT

Banned
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
I was "removed" from scripture permanently, for constantly arguing with the teacher. He really was a gronk though.

"The grand canyon was created in 3 DAYS!!! NOT BY WEATHERING, SEDIMENTATION AND EROSION LIKE SCIENTISTS THINK! KEKE...SCIENCE PROVES NOTHING, BUT LET ME SHOW U AN EXPERIMENT TO PROVE TEH GRAND CANYON WAS FORMED IN 3 DAYS!!!!"

Wanker.
thats a gud way to get out of scripture, why go anyway when u dont believe? i mean doesnt look like u belong there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)