Does God exist? (5 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Yeah mutations occurs during conception stage (where an "egg" gets fertilised by a "sperm") as the DNA from both sides gets fused together.

Although reproduction isn't always been like that, bacterias do not need this "fusion" of 2 DNAs rather they would simply create another copy of themself.

Further on, you can see the disadvantage in the ancient way of reproduction as hereditary diseases will prevail in all offsprings. With modern reproduction, the male or the female can guarantee the success of their offspring by carefully choosing its mate (this goes to every animals, like monkeys, koalas and platypus).

Last edited:

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
kobz said:
ofcourse it all gooes bak 2 faith, you see all this infront of u all this mircules n creations n u believe ur better off believin its an accident n not from a God when many (124,000 prophets have came n told us about God), gee ur taking a safe side
I knew you'd come around eventually. As I've reiterated all along, you believe because of faith. Fair enough. Not everyone shares your faith. Some, particularly people prone to questioning this world, need more than sheer faith. I am among those. That doesn't make me any better or worse a person than you - just different.

kobz

HSC
c_james said:
I knew you'd come around eventually. As I've reiterated all along, you believe because of faith. Fair enough. Not everyone shares your faith. Some, particularly people prone to questioning this world, need more than sheer faith. I am among those. That doesn't make me any better or worse a person than you - just different.
my friend look at how Muhamad who 1400 years ago brought 2 mankind the miriacles of the Quran, u think it was all forged??? look how many miracles in the quran there is that some are only yet being discoverd latetly

eg THE EXPANSION OF THE UNIVERSE
THE CREATION OF HUMAN BEINGS FROM WATER

look at this site

http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_index.html

if u need more than "sheer faith"

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
kobz said:
my friend look at how Muhamad who 1400 years ago brought 2 mankind the miriacles of the Quran, u think it was all forged??? look how many miracles in the quran there is that some are only yet being discoverd latetly

look at this site

http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_index.html

if u need more than "sheer faith"
Sheesh, stop trying to convert people. You've been overwhelmingly beaten in argument time and time again in this thread. Quit while you're behind.

kobz

HSC
im off too sleep goodnight n i hope you people check that site out, for 2 say there is no God try n reject all off them verses and prove that any1 can write such a thing 1400 years ago

ciao

kobz

HSC
c_james said:
Sheesh, stop trying to convert people. You've been overwhelmingly beaten in argument time and time again in this thread. Quit while you're behind.
wat u scared off ??? y u scared 2 see the truth??? i aint trying 2 convert u...just trying 2 prove u wrong so dnt run away with them answers...prove me wrong if you are of the truthful ones :)

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
kobz said:
wat u scared off ??? y u scared 2 see the truth??? i aint trying 2 convert u...just trying 2 prove u wrong so dnt run away with them answers...prove me wrong if you are of the truthful ones :)
I, and many others in this thread, have already proven you wrong countless times. Every time we do you simply start up a variation of the same, flawed argument. You're trying to equate faith with fact. It doesn't work, and any rational observer in this thread can confirm that.

kobz

HSC
you have proven me wrong in nuthing you are just bias and have just given me ur opinion on things, i giving you rational proof so why are u scared 2 check it out

proof from 1400 years ago from Prophet Muhamad

Do those who disbelieve not see that the heavens and the earth were sewn together and then We unstitched them and that We made from water every living thing? So will they not believe? (Qur'an, 21:30)

yous have given me nuthing :)

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
kobz said:
you have proven me wrong in nuthing you are just bias and have just given me ur opinion on things, i giving you rational proof so why are u scared 2 check it out

proof from 1400 years ago from Prophet Muhamad

Do those who disbelieve not see that the heavens and the earth were sewn together and then We unstitched them and that We made from water every living thing? So will they not believe? (Qur'an, 21:30)

yous have given me nuthing :)
So let me get this straight - you're using verses in the Qur'an to prove that the Qur'an is true? You clearly have no idea how to construct an argument of worth. You haven't convinced anyone in this thread. I think it's fair to say that everyone here has rejected the beliefs you've tried to force feed them.

Weren't you going to bed, anyway?

Last edited:

robo-andie

HSC
c_james said:
I, and many others in this thread, have already proven you wrong countless times. Every time we do you simply start up a variation of the same, flawed argument. You're trying to equate faith with fact. It doesn't work, and any rational observer in this thread can confirm that.
I'll second that.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
kobz said:
dnt make it all tricky n try 2 confuse every1

take me as an eg

you dnt fully know me

but u know i exist dnt u?? u know i believe in God???

hay maybe i dnt exist and they by some accident the computer is typing all this 2 u
Then disappear. You don't exist. Your views, to me, are ignored. You are nothing but a temporary nuisance. Once you stop replying, you don't exist in my sphere of interest.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
how can God kill himself if he has always been der was was never born??? think about it
I don't know the properties of God. If he's infinitely powerful tho, why can't he kill himself? If you want to continue claiming he can't kill himself, then who's to say he's not asleep, or just not interested in man-kind? Perhaps God created the universe as something cool to look at and we were just a by-product of the universe being created.

well not everything unnormal u see u have 2 call a mere coincidence or natural occurence....see wat u saying is ok God is there but how do we know that these are his signs??? when reali u just trying 2 say they cant come from him
It's possible that they're signs from God, but as we have no reason to suspect they are, at least for now... it is truthful to say they are not, until more facts come to pass. Just as for now it's truthful to say there's no blue giraffe in africa. There may be, but until we have sufficient evidence there is not.

see ur trying 2 say ." that u can kill something that was never born" which isnt possible
If something is alive, then so far we know that it can be killed. Surely an all-powerful God can kill himself, if he so pleases.

Those things were not discovered by Islamic scholars, they were discovered by secular scientists... Gee I wonder what happened then. Maybe again, after the fact, the Islamic community has CLAIMED prophesy. If they had looked to the text to come to their conclusion, well then that would be something interesting... but they didn't.

thats his opionion he cant prove that they arent ...can any1????
Why does anyone need to prove that something isn't a miracle from god? It's like me asking you to prove that I am not God... You can't do it. Supernatural things are outside of any possible scientific testing because there's no way to falsify them.

imagine we were all created without eyes or ears or mouths..who knew that we needed suuch things
No one knew that we needed such things. We are not the 'perfect species', we die, we get injured, we get tired quickly and suffer from back problems. We are imperfect, a sign imo that it probably wasn't any supernatural entity that created us, but the natural process that we see around us and can understand.

by how many people???? did more ppl validate his works or more validated the Quran???
It doesn't matter how many people. However if you want to play this game, more people believe in Christianity than Islam - Therefore your religion is wrong.

then how do u prove God??? u want 2 see him?? remember he has 2 be unlimited 2 be the 1 God...so if u did see such a thing der goes ur belief
I don't know what proof it would take for me to believe in your islamic God. Even if tomorrow someone came to earth who could magically heal people, had scientifically verified magic powers and was spreading the word of islam I still wouldn't believe, as there are more reasonable explanations even for that scenario.

God as you imagine him is an impossibility, logically, so for me to believe in him God would have to come up with a way to make me believe.

wat did we find out we needed ears soo we made holes in our ears???? thats rubish....also tell me why are there still monkeys n apes around??
--'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

I find it baffiling how someone who's claiming merely 'lol there's this magical creature out there right and he created everything' have a problem with a naturalistic explanation, which we can somewhat prove to them, with very few holes in it.

ofcourse it all gooes bak 2 faith, you see all this infront of u all this mircules n creations n u believe ur better off believin its an accident n not from a God when many (124,000 prophets have came n told us about God), gee ur taking a safe side
It's not about what's better off. I WANT to have God proven to me, I would love to know that there is a God and a Heaven. It would make my life so much better to know, honestly. The fact is tho, at the moment I cannot Believe in God as much as I want to, just as I cannot Believe i'm a millionaire as much as I want to.

im off too sleep goodnight n i hope you people check that site out, for 2 say there is no God try n reject all off them verses and prove that any1 can write such a thing 1400 years ago
I've learnt a decent amount about what secular historians believe the different verses on such a website are actually referring to, but I won't bother with it for you. Instead I'll simply say that even if the book does predict all these things, precisely, it still isn't proof for the existance of God. A more likely scenario is that perhaps some more advanced civilization landed and gave them a glimpse into the future.

Do those who disbelieve not see that the heavens and the earth were sewn together and then We unstitched them and that We made from water every living thing? So will they not believe?
People comming from water, specifically in the way the text describes, is an ancient pagan belief from long before the koran.

Anyway, according to the koran, were were created by A blood clot [96:1-2], water [21:30, 24:45, 25:54], "sounding" (i.e. burned) clay [15:26], dust [3:59, 30:20, 35:11], nothing [19:67] and this is then denied in 52:35, earth [11:61], a drop of thickened fluid [16:4, 75:37].

Wow, with that many obscure guesses I spose one of them would be right?

Ontop of that, many other religions have references which they use to prove their validity that are quite similar to the ones in the Koran - are they just wrong? If so, why are they wrong and you're right? Apply the same standard.

Beyond that you're still left with, ontop of many other problems, the question of 'How do you know the devil didn't write the koran?'.

Last edited:

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
kobz said:
IF you arent trying to "convert" accept peoples beliefs and fuckin move on. Everyone is entitled to an opinion

Theres only one thing i cant stand in the god debate - idiots who try to push their fuckin beliefs in an attempt to convert. Its about peoples spirituality, fuck who cares if they believe or not? ISnt it your decision?

BIggest scam in the history of the universe (big bang theory works nicely for me)

Last edited:

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
• Why you cannot use a religious text to prove God’s existence

The claim here is that the religious text (Bible, Quran, etc) proves that God exists. This argument makes the fallacy of begging the question (or circular reasoning). When the argument is set out clearly this becomes obvious:

How do we know God exists?

God exists because the Bible says so.

Why should we believe the Bible?

Because the Bible is the word of God.

God exists because the Bible says so.

Why should we believe the Bible?

Because the Bible is the word of God.

(etc, ad infinitum.)

You cannot use the conclusion you are trying to prove (that God exists) as one of your premises. The premise “the Bible is the word of God” already assumes the truth of the conclusion.

Scrap the use of the bible/qua'ran and any other religous texts.

God didnt write the bible, people did. i effectively could right my own version of the bible, saying it was "the word of god" and in 2000 years time, no one would know the difference, in fact like me now, they probably wouldnt even give a flying fuck

Last edited by a moderator:

kobz

HSC
Non of u atheist ppl have answered my aanswer wid logic. put all ya resources n crap cuz they mean nufin 2 me n use ur logic

creation had a begining didnt it??? were did we come from?? were did the big bang come from???? dont u think theere had 2 be a starting point oderwise nufin would ever happen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)