Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
that quote makes no sense whatsoever
You clearly didn't read it properly then... it's saying that you shouldn't pray for something to happen, but you should instead pray because something has happened and that was what God wanted.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You clearly didn't read it properly then... it's saying that you shouldn't pray for something to happen, but you should instead pray because something has happened and that was what God wanted.
But doesn't that render prayer useless. It's just ego stroking rather than requesting and accomplishing anything.

kittenwhiskerz

HSC
Belief in God is the most important thing in faith. If someone does not believe that God exists then he is in deep astray.We are told that it is the female bee that makes honey, a very recent bit of knowledge for humans. We know now that male bees die after mating with the queen and live only for about 90 days. Only female bees survive to be the workers, which gather nectar and make honey. This bit of knowledge could never be known to humans before the invention and use of microscopes. It is another piece of evidence that the author of the Holy Quran could never be a human being about 1428 years ago. Rather, He is the All Knowledgeable One.

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
if you believe that there is no god
example: a clock does not hang itself ,it needs someone to hang it
so god is the one and only who hanged the sun,moon and galaxy features.
(plz dont fight or take it offensive,just send a normal argument)
ill give more info if asked for
I take offence to how incredibly stupid you are

kittenwhiskerz

HSC
it was just a example ,so chill,dont be so narrow minded,take a packet of chill pills ,gee

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
if you believe that there is no god
example: a clock does not hang itself ,it needs someone to hang it
so god is the one and only who hanged the sun,moon and galaxy features.
(plz dont fight or take it offensive,just send a normal argument)
ill give more info if asked for
I'm assuming this is a poor attempt at the watchmaker argument.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
You should chill and not be so narrow-minded.

kittenwhiskerz

HSC
well im friends with heaps of people that dont believe in god and im not rude to them but your rude calling people trolls who dont believe in what you believe

Last edited:

seanieg89

HSC
My 2 cents:

My thoughts and beliefs are basically a combination of strong agnosticism and an agnostic atheism. What this means is that I personally do not believe in the existence of a deity in the most commonly used definition of the term, but I do not make any claims as to whether or not such an entity can exist. The reason for this is that I claim that this is unknowable and unprovable.

Ignoring for now the undecidable question of whether or not there exists a god however, I am pretty sceptical of the practices of most organised religions. I think that religion might have the potential to help some people live their lives in a fulfilling way (although it certainly does not make any difference to mine), but institutions like the catholic church are far too focused on money and archaic traditions in my opinion.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
But doesn't that render prayer useless. It's just ego stroking rather than requesting and accomplishing anything.
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not a fan of praying at all, I just thought that quote was a somewhat thought provoking one.

And not going to bother with kittenwhiskerz argument.

RANK 1

HSC
sorry but im not following the logic of this thing, what would be the point that. it just completely makes praying completely and utterly redundant.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
sorry but im not following the logic of this thing, what would be the point that. it just completely makes praying completely and utterly redundant.
And since when has a redundant task ever stopped humans from doing it? The point is that the quote indicates it as being more of a thankful thing, rather than a begging thing.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Belief in God is the most important thing in faith. If someone does not believe that God exists then he is in deep astray.We are told that it is the female bee that makes honey, a very recent bit of knowledge for humans. We know now that male bees die after mating with the queen and live only for about 90 days. Only female bees survive to be the workers, which gather nectar and make honey. This bit of knowledge could never be known to humans before the invention and use of microscopes. It is another piece of evidence that the author of the Holy Quran could never be a human being about 1428 years ago. Rather, He is the All Knowledgeable One.
Withholding the fact that statements by the Qur'an are ambiguous at best, if you take enough guesses, you are bound to come up with a few things that are correct. The bible does exactly the same thing, as do most religious texts, and yet you discount their claims. Nostradamus made a lot of predictions but that doesn't make him a prophet. And what about the times the religious text doesn't agree with science, does that disprove god.

One anecdote that turned out correct does not account for sufficient evidence for a god that contradicts scientific knowledge and logic.

RANK 1

HSC
And since when has a redundant task ever stopped humans from doing it? The point is that the quote indicates it as being more of a thankful thing, rather than a begging thing.
what part of a child dying of terminal illness are we suppose to be thankful for

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)