• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (2 Viewers)

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
xo NoFear xo said:
i fear God in the sense that He is suchan awesum being and i reverently fear Him...and cause i know His power and might... my name means nofear of life or death cause i understand how God iz in control of it all and specificalli i have no fear becz God saved me from my sin... therefore i have no fear ov what i truli deserve...hell.
do u fear God???

ahhhhhh i get u now...good stuff

yes i do fear god, hmmm it seems my religion has some interesting similarities to yours.

X

xo NoFear xo

Not-That-Bright said:
What a great loving god you people have that you must fear him.
Is this like the kinda relationship one has with an abusive husband?
a wat??? lol abusive husband???????????????????????????????????????????
the fear is one of respect! not scared that He'll slap u undeservingly... if anything we are the abusive ones... of Godz luv... we sin and destroy so much of what He duz, accept so much without thankx, expect so much without asking and have the nerve to blame Him when thingz go wrong...
"The LORD Almighty is the one you are to regard as holy, he is the one you are to fear, he is the one you are to dread," (Isaiah 8:13 NIV) This Fear of the Lord is not a negative thing, simply an ever present reminder that while we are forgiven through the blood of Jesus, we are still accountable before God for our actions. In other words, the blood of Jesus is not a license to do as we please."

X

xo NoFear xo

dark_angel said:
ahhhhhh i get u now...good stuff

yes i do fear god, hmmm it seems my religion has some interesting similarities to yours.
lol watz ur religion??? xo

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
What a great loving god you people have that you must fear him.
Is this like the kinda relationship one has with an abusive husband?

not really, because ppl like that are stupid and insignificant worms. u cant really compare them to god now can you.

btw what was ur uai, and did u do hsc this yr?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
When the country goes wrong, we turn to the most powerful figure, the figure that has all the countrol, the leader. Why not turn towards God if something bad happens? Shit this is a pretty amazing universe, but to an omnipotent being it could be better by a mile.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
xo NoFear xo said:
lol watz ur religion??? xo
sikhism, but i'm not gonna rant on about it because i havent yet fully learnt all the aspects (as i cant read the language in whcih the holy book was written yet), although i have read some of the romanized translations.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
When the country goes wrong, we turn to the most powerful figure, the figure that has all the countrol, the leader. Why not turn towards God if something bad happens? Shit this is a pretty amazing universe, but to an omnipotent being it could be better by a mile.

this is a good idea, but then again different religions dont mix

but we should realise there is only 1 god, and that there are countless ways of acknowledging him and praying to him.

excuse me for saying "him" instead of "god" i'll try my best but sometimes i cant be bothered....lol

X

xo NoFear xo

Not-That-Bright said:
wow, yes...we are ment 2 go 2 God! "the leader" ... but do u believe it 2 be right that we curse the name of God and ignore the fact that He iz there wen thingz r right? most times wen im on easy street i give thanks 2 God wen He bringz me back cause i realise how dumb i was being... difficulties produce perseverance which bringz about faith... i 4get the verse, but the bible sayz that.
and absolutely, the universe was better by a mile! it was perfect... but we stuffed that up... not God

X

xo NoFear xo

Not-That-Bright said:
oh of course because we have more power than this omnipotent being.
do i smell sarcasm lol jkz man itz all good...
ok i know sum1 just mentiond 2 me that i should use my own words or research or something but oh well cause i found this stori... which i defin8li wudnt hae been able 2 think ov... itz pretti clever actualli... a bit ov a read, but it answers ur question...

There is a father (God), there is a two-year-old child (you), and a dog (other people) in a kitchen (the world). Let's say the parent's goal is to feed lunch to the child and the dog. The father is in control of the entire kitchen: he bought the food, he placed the child in the booster chair, and he brought the dog in from outside. The child has no control, and the dog has no control – the father has set everything up and has complete control.

Now the father knows the child so well that he knows that the child will eat and play with his food and therefore get some on the ground that the dog will eat. When this happens, the father's goal of feeding the child and the dog will be completed.

As the father gives the child the food he says, "Now child, I want you to eat the food and not play with it." The child now bears responsibility for his actions. Even though the father knows full well that the child will play with it, he is not holding the child's hand and causing the kid to toss food on the ground. The child is the one who has to make the decision to play with the food. (It's just like when lawmakers make the speed limit 55, and know beforehand that people will break it. When you get pulled over for speeding, you don't blame the lawmakers for your actions even though they knew beforehand that people would break the law.) The child is responsible for his actions even though the father knew beforehand that the child would disobey.

In this example, we've seen that:
1. God is in complete control.
2. God has foreknowledge of what will happen.
3. We are still responsible for our actions.
4. God can even use our sinful actions for his purposes.

The conclusion made in point #4 is: "God can even use our sinful actions for his purposes." This is why we can say in Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." If God couldn't use our sinful actions, then this verse could only read, "Only good things work for the good of those who love him."

So now one might bring up the question: "Well if God will accomplish his goal anyway whether I obey or not, what use is there in being good?" This is a shallow question because it only considers one consequence. What about the consequences of sin? If I sin by killing someone, I cause much suffering; if I sin by doing drugs, I die ten years too soon; if I commit adultery, my wife never trusts me again. Of course it matters if we sin. Either way, God is going to fulfill his mission. Would you rather be happy while the mission is being accomplished, or cause unneeded shame and suffering for yourself?

Knowing how God works gives us a better knowledge of:
1. God's sovereignty. He controls everything in the universe.
2. God's omniscience. He is all knowing – he knows the future and how to use good and evil for his purposes.
3. God's grace. God includes us in his work not because he has to, but because he wants to.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I'm not doubting that ur vision of god is that he allows us power over our own actions, i'm simply stating that to begin with god obviously didn't make humans that great... the universe its self isn't physically perfect.. etc

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I'm not doubting that ur vision of god is that he allows us power over our own actions, i'm simply stating that to begin with god obviously didn't make humans that great... the universe its self isn't physically perfect.. etc
lol congrats for your UAI, and course :)

what if the universe is perfect

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
My uai was terrible, but given the ammount of effort i guess i deserved it... I am officially the lowest achiever of my family. My older brother achieved a 99.90 in 2002.

Well the universe is of course a perfect universe (as it is the only universe), my simple claim is that if you were an omnipotent being... you could do better than what we have.

X

xo NoFear xo

Not-That-Bright said:
but the Bible says that to begin with the world and everything in it was perfect... that is how God made it... the Bible doesnt say exactli why God would let us sin if He knew we would do it therefore destroying the perfect cre8ion etc...The Bible directly states the purpose of the universe in Eph. 1: To Glorify God. God created the universe to reflect his glory. Man was created for the same, "for the praise of his glory (Eph. 1:12)."
things arent perfect in this world cause of sin, but the creation of the new world will be perfect for all eternity...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well he didn't exactly create the best beings to praise him.

How can you say that this world isn't perfect now? Do you know another world? a better world? lol

X

xo NoFear xo

Not-That-Bright said:
My uai was terrible, but given the ammount of effort i guess i deserved it... I am officially the lowest achiever of my family. My older brother achieved a 99.90 in 2002.

Well the universe is of course a perfect universe (as it is the only universe), my simple claim is that if you were an omnipotent being... you could do better than what we have.
>>>dude, ur uai was not terrible!!!
CONGRATZ!
ur siblingz marks aside, u totalli whipped the hsc! good work>>>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)