• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
i'm a believer in God. but i don't believe the bible literally.
i believe that "God" is a force that's greater than us humans. like, i believe that we have souls. science can explain evolution and how the whole system works, but with science, there's just mechanics. there aren't emotions. science can explain the way our body works and functions, but it can't explain psychological behavior (not all of them) and our feelings as clearly as say, how cancer can be killed by radiation treatment.
there are always mysteries that we can't explain, but i really don't believe much in what the bible says. maybe metaphorically, but definitely not literally.
nobody knows how the world was created, and until we find out, we can't really argue who's right and who's not.
i respect people who believe different things, but those who deny the facts about fossils saying athiests planted them... they're going a bit too far. that's just ignorant.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
i'm a believer in God. but i don't believe the bible literally.
i believe that "God" is a force that's greater than us humans. like, i believe that we have souls. science can explain evolution and how the whole system works, but with science, there's just mechanics. there aren't emotions. science can explain the way our body works and functions, but it can't explain psychological behavior (not all of them) and our feelings as clearly as say, how cancer can be killed by radiation treatment.
there are always mysteries that we can't explain, but i really don't believe much in what the bible says. maybe metaphorically, but definitely not literally.
nobody knows how the world was created, and until we find out, we can't really argue who's right and who's not.
i respect people who believe different things, but those who deny the facts about fossils saying athiests planted them... they're going a bit too far. that's just ignorant.
yeh u know....if u dont research alot...and u only hear bits and pieces and decide that they dont make sense, therefore u dont believe in god..then ur really in no place to talk.....i dunno...i didnt believe in god...my parents are christain though, not very religious ones...and yet i didnt argue with ppl who believed in god because i had not research it for myself...ive realised that half the ppl on this forum are speaking abt things they dont know much abt and theyre sort of showing their stupidity...for one to reject god...they should look at all avenues first....so if i ask u a question about islam, judaism, chrsitainity, sikhism etc.. u should be able to answer it and say y u disaprove, if u cant do that then ur in no shape to really be saying theres no god..because u have obviously not properly looked in to it....ppl are clearly misinformed about alot of things and theyre showing it....really not believing in god is a huge thing..if u want to do it, make sure ur right.....

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
noel_gallagher said:
Uh huh, so you believe we, man, humans, we made out of balls of clay then had a spirit blown into us and then we were sent off the spear fish?

Ok, I know on this forum i'm seen as a nasty bitch because im the minority, I'm a 'non-believer' or whatever, but for a second, think, does that make sense?!?!! That we, humans, originate from clay? ... step outside your circle of beliefs and think for a minute about the possibilities of EVOLUTION
lol being made from water and clay makes a hell alot of more sense then evolution
and i dont need to step out of the circle(more then 80%of our bodies are water0
i already did..and ive stepped back in
once again..im not trying to proove anything to you
frankly i dont care enough
..you asked i answered

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
What you guys dont understand is that the words delivered in the Bible were delivered by Jesus. Now you believe that the quaran is more correct than the Bible because it is "God's words" but that is because you do not realise the extent of Jesus to Christians. To Christians, Jesus, along with God and the Holy Spirit for the sacred Trinity. Jesus was sent to deliver God's message so the writing down of Jesus' story and his teachings is just as sacred as the quran is to Muslims.

And just to clear some confusion that soha seems to be having, the New and Old Testament are not different versions of the Bible, they are infact the two sections that make up the complete Bible, the Old Testament (which is also the Torah section of the Jewish Tenach or their 'Bible') delivers Gods messages and also tells of the ancestry of Jesus and the relationship of Jesus' ancenstors with God. The New Testament is the actual telling of the coming of what Christians believe to be the chosen one and the son of man and is made up of books from various followers who wrote his teachings about God and the new covenant God brings to His people.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
acmilan said:
What you guys dont understand is that the words delivered in the Bible were delivered by Jesus. Now you believe that the quaran is more correct than the Bible because it is "God's words" but that is because you do not realise the extent of Jesus to Christians. To Christians, Jesus, along with God and the Holy Spirit for the sacred Trinity. Jesus was sent to deliver God's message so the writing down of Jesus' story and his teachings is just as sacred as the quran is to Muslims.

And just to clear some confusion that soha seems to be having, the New and Old Testament are not different versions of the Bible, they are infact the two sections that make up the complete Bible, the Old Testament (which is also the Torah section of the Jewish Tenach or their 'Bible') delivers Gods messages and also tells of the ancestry of Jesus and the relationship of Jesus' ancenstors with God. The New Testament is the actual telling of the coming of what Christians believe to be the chosen one and the son of man and is made up of books from various followers who wrote his teachings about God and the new covenant God brings to His people.
how cna jesus deliver the holy message but be god and gods son
and a ghost and holy spirit and father

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
joujou_84 said:
yeh u know....if u dont research alot...and u only hear bits and pieces and decide that they dont make sense, therefore u dont believe in god..then ur really in no place to talk.....i dunno...i didnt believe in god...my parents are christain though, not very religious ones...and yet i didnt argue with ppl who believed in god because i had not research it for myself...ive realised that half the ppl on this forum are speaking abt things they dont know much abt and theyre sort of showing their stupidity...for one to reject god...they should look at all avenues first....so if i ask u a question about islam, judaism, chrsitainity, sikhism etc.. u should be able to answer it and say y u disaprove, if u cant do that then ur in no shape to really be saying theres no god..because u have obviously not properly looked in to it....ppl are clearly misinformed about alot of things and theyre showing it....really not believing in god is a huge thing..if u want to do it, make sure ur right.....
i agree with all the morals of religion because they give us faith and they teach us good lessons. what i don't believe is that humans were created 6000 years ago from clay and water. personally i don't take it literally, but i'm not saying that the bible's rubbish because obviously it isn't as it's extremely influential. but for different people it's influential in different ways.
you can believe in god and not take the bible literally or you can be an evangelist. it's the same issue as different religions. we just choose to believe different things, whatever makes our lives easier and whatever makes us happy. that's how people from all these different nationalities and religions can live together peacefully because our different beliefs all have similar points or goals, they all teach us kindness and that's enough. to make everyone believe the same thing, or to tell people they're ignorant to not believe in something is pointless.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
haha..
well i wasnt really trying to fight anybody or
proove anyone wrong
all i have been doing is telling ppl what i believe..and questioning what otehr people believe
..okaay
so yeah
thats my story
im so bored of this topic..its just repeating itself

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
soha said:
how cna jesus deliver the holy message but be god and gods son
and a ghost and holy spirit and father
I dont understand what you mean? How does that stop him from being able to deliver the message?

Jesus is not the father nor the holy spirit. The Holy Trinity is 3 things, Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit all combine together and are at one.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
soha said:
haha..
well i wasnt really trying to fight anybody or
proove anyone wrong
all i have been doing is telling ppl what i believe..and questioning what otehr people believe
..okaay
so yeah
thats my story
im so bored of this topic..its just repeating itself
you're damn right.
people are just saying what they believe, not trying to make others change their minds. it's a mystery to all of us.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
haha well then..ive been told otherwise
i was told they were 3 in one
combined
so to me how can the one entity be god and delivering the message of god and gods son
that wa smy confusion

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
acmilan said:

u know..the only religions mentioned in the quran are christianity, judaism and islam and the ppl who follow these religions are called something in arabic which translates to "people of the book".....BOOK......meaning we all used to have one book...islam accepts that the bible was brought down by jesus, the torah by moses and the quran by mohammad, different verses were revealed to different prophets....and mohammad took it all and spread it to the ppl....i wonder where along the line things started to change....

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Ive never really believed that one book was more sacred than the other, in fact i was trying to explain why i believe they are all sacred and equivalent and even share some sections. Just one thing though, the Torah is not actually the Jewish Bible, it is just one section of the Bible. The actual Bible is called Tenach or Tenak (depends how you want to spell it).

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
good point jou jou..i remember going to mad ass lecture about the similarities and differences of the bible a d koran
and also talked about how the bible changed and stuff..
woah..it was so fascinating..i cant rememebr much it was over a year ago
but suphan allah 12 ppl reverted..like had line christians..after the lecture..

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
acmilan said:
Ive never really believed that one book was more sacred than the other, in fact i was trying to explain why i believe they are all sacred and equivalent and even share some sections. Just one thing though, the Torah is not actually the Jewish Bible, it is just one section of the Bible. The actual Bible is called Tenach or Tenak (depends how you want to spell it).
yeh, i um was just kind of sharing information thats all.....like showing how close the religions actually are..:)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
soha said:
good point jou jou..i remember going to mad ass lecture about the similarities and differences of the bible a d koran
and also talked about how the bible changed and stuff..
woah..it was so fascinating..i cant rememebr much it was over a year ago
but suphan allah 12 ppl reverted..like had line christians..after the lecture..
lol u know wats funny..like arabs hang around with arabs and chinese with chinese, gothics with gothics etc etc etc....and u know converts hang around with converts.....so like half my friends...are converts and each have their little story about wat made them convert......its kinda cool....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)