Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
Five prayers you say five times a day,
With five different names;
the names just reflect at what times they are offered.
like fajr means dawn.
its like saying " morning prayer"

And good deeds are your kalima (article of faith)
Then you can call yourself a true Muslim

No a muslim is someone who has submitted to the will of God. Its an Arabic word that describes anyone who has "submitted to God's will" with what god has given him/her

You dont have to say the Shahada or kalima to be a muslim, u can just be one without knowing it.

Baba Nanak further elaborated on the true Muslim thus:
who is this guy?
the proper term for a "true Muslim" is a "believer".

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
its depressing...it really is
i just wanna say how silly it is..coz he was practically arguing with female muslims about how females are mistreated in islam...?
who would know better...the muslim females ?..i think so...

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
you know wat i find. all my friends are muslims now...well most of them...since my old friends drink, go clubbing, etc...not my kinda atmosphere anymore..so when i enter their houses i find that their mums are treated like queens....dont be fooled by wat they wear in the street.....thats not how they dress at home...i swear a women will say to her husband "do this, get me this, take me here, take me there"..the whole day and you have the husband running around making sure his wife is happy...thats the true islam...the man eventually ends up looking likes hes 40 years older than the women whilst she remains looking like a teenager coz shes been treated like one her whole life, thats how a woman is treated in islam, why because shes a jewel and should be treated like one....if a family chooses to oppress thats their buisness......but dont any of u dare tell me a woman is opressed in islam

Last edited:

Jiga

since my old friends drink, go clubbing, etc...not my kinda atmosphere anymore
When religion stops you from having fun and living a happier life then you think, why follow it? Its just a restraint on your life.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
When religion stops you from having fun and living a happier life then you think, why follow it? Its just a restraint on your life.
religon doesnt stop u from having fun
it does stop u from doing bad things
theres got to be more to life
then chasing around every temporary high..to satisfy me
some song..makes sense
ever since i stopped doing bad things..ive had more fun then ever
drinking and going clubbing and getting with guys is not my idea of fun neways

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
living a happy life?? u call getting soooo drunk u cant remember bur name and acting like a fool in front of a club full of ppl is fun. hey if thats wat u call fun, then id rather not have fun...im having the most fun in my life right now....theres no restraints in islam..nothing that stops u from having fun.

Kulazzi

HSC
mr EaZy said:
You dont have to say the Shahada or kalima to be a muslim, u can just be one without knowing it.
sorry easy but I'll have to disagree with you there. When you are becoming a muslim, you need to recite the shahada. (unless you're shia b/c I am sunni, this may be the reason. I has a disagreement with joujou before on something before we realised that we were from different branches of Islam)

Kulazzi

HSC
dark_angel said:
lol i dunno, i thought it might be interesting to post....
AND that you cannot back up your claims by simply using a definition (and no primary information about islam) :rolleyes:

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Kulazzi said:
sorry easy but I'll have to disagree with you there. When you are becoming a muslim, you need to recite the shahada. (unless you're shia b/c I am sunni, this may be the reason. I has a disagreement with joujou before on something before we realised that we were from different branches of Islam)
i had to say the shahada when i converetd and im a shia....i think he means if ur born a muslim u dont need to say the shahada.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
some people are muslim without reciting it
its in their heart
like this girl i know..who recited it in her head but not out loud
and she believes but she says shes not muslim
but ur muslim if u believe in Allah and the prophet mohammed peace be upon him
and the oneness of God
and she does..and shes does muslim things..i dunno..shes just not ready to come out..yet

alien

HSC
this is just a question... how come... after Muslims say Mohammed... they say peace be on him or something like that... is it a sign of respect?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
yeah pretty much
we say peace be upon him..to any prophet after we say his name
or sometiems we say may Allah raise the rank of him
and when we speak about mary...we say peace be upon her
and when we speak about the prophets companians
we say radi Allah uh anhum
which means something like..um..i so cant translate..its too hard..lol

we ask Allah to send his peace and blessings..

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
joujou_84 said:
i had to say the shahada when i converetd and im a shia....i think he means if ur born a muslim u dont need to say the shahada.
im sorry im joining this thread late and i may have missed it before but...wow u converted? what religion were you before? and what were your reasons?

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Sources/Allah/moongod.html

i have read this book by Dr. Morley and i have received the pamphlet in the mail about how muslims worship a moon god. I think its terrible that SOME christains have nothing better to do than try to bring down other religions when they should be focusing on their own. may allah praise this man for taking the time to respond to morely's accusation that islam was derived from pagan arabs who worshipped a moon god. the truth always prevails.

anyway i posted a link if ur interested..it cleared up alot for me.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
im sorry im joining this thread late and i may have missed it before but...wow u converted? what religion were you before? and what were your reasons?
my parents are christians....not very religious and i didnt believe in god all togther. its matter of doing alot of research with an open mind and eventually you will find the truth. i dont agree with ppl who blindly follow religion, even if u are born into one you should always do as much research as you can.

there is one thing ill mention. the bible has been changed many times. we are no longer certain if its even the word of god. why has the bible not been preserved? the quran on the other hand is the same quran that was reveal to mohammad (pbuh) over 1500 years ago. it will never change. people have tried to change it many times. but they wont coz god himself in the quran has said he personally will make sure the quran remains in its present state.

Last edited:

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
lol welcome to the club! i agree with you on the research point, so does islam..i think it's hadith or something that says don't be afraid to question your religion because then you'll gain an understanding into why it teaches us so and you wont end up following blindly wihtout any real insight as to why you believe what you do...and also research other religions to be able to understand other people better and eliminate the instances of ignorant misunderstandings.....plus it'll help you to put your own religion in perspective...oh i remember it was on a website that tells you about the findamentals of islam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)