• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (2 Viewers)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
minalata said:
this is a pretty interesting thread to read... but i gotta say i kinda got bored after a coupla of pages...so if i say nething already said b4, i apologise.

ok noe for my input...

i gotta say the the one thing that peeves me off... are the christians that claim they are and then they go and have sex and drink and basically not follow what god has to say.... and it it makes me question... well surely they must not really belive in god... and im sorry but its ppl like that, that put me off.
why do some, and i stress the some, christians do that???
now of course, i know some great people who are christians.

God says that he has to be the one christians love the most... and i just dont understand how people can honestly say they love god more than nething, their family and freinds???
anyone care to explain, cos i would really like to know?

sorry this isnt really about whether god exists...

i guess i just have all these little questions.... and who knows i might end up believing in god one day...
u cant look at a few ppl and say the religion is wrong.....its easy for ppl of other religions (like myself) to look at eg catholics and say " look at those priests who r abusing kids, that must mean christainity is stuffed".......but wat abt the real christains out there...the good ppl......theyre the ones being screwed around.....u have to follow the religion urself and be a good person and forget abt others actions......im a muslim.....just coz of the actions of terrorists this dosent mean i denounce my religion and become an athiest...coz i know wat true islam is...dont base ur belief on the actions of others.....

phatic

HSC
How is anyone going to prove whether God exists or not? It's all a matter of belief. Even if some such entity or nonentity did exist, it would be beyond our comprehension.

budj

HSC
You cant prove thta it does exist or not, rather, you can prove that it dosen't need to exist to define everything.

And in replying to Joujou, isn't it called blind faith?

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
budj said:
You cant prove thta it does exist or not, rather, you can prove that it dosen't need to exist to define everything.

And in replying to Joujou, isn't it called blind faith?
wats called blind faith??? u said we dont have the right to question....i said we do......if u dont...then thats called blind faith.....

budj

HSC
joujou_84 said:
wats called blind faith??? u said we dont have the right to question....i said we do......if u dont...then thats called blind faith.....
Fair enough then...but isnt the whole basis of god beleiving religions based upon faith of heart, what one feels inside themselves.

minalata

HSC
joujou.... thanks for the advice... i never thought about it that way....

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Interesting that I agree with you. For example, I can judge a religion by its followers (there's a reason that I dislike Christianity with intensity, aside from the fact that I think it's codswallop) but I cannot consciously judge a person by their religion (which is why all my close friends are Christian).

It's not mutually exclusive, is it?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
no i dont think you can judge a religon by its followers
because some followers are not the best example
like..a preist who molests children
i dont think he was acting in the name of christianity
or a terrorist
as much as they think they are acting in the name of islam some of their acts are not islamic at all
and many people dont follow their religon correctly
as a muslim we are constantly reminded that we have to act the best way we can so that we set the best example to othres..and behave according to our religon
if you wnat to know about a religon you read about it and stuff..dont get like..put off coz a bunch of ppl are doing stupid stuff.that half the time is not religous at all

Kierkegaard

HSC
In the spirit of this discussion:

i think that God made me a person that thinks and sees beautiful trees an stuff and it makes me happy.this means that God exists because its pretty and evolution isnt pretty its bad.the Bible says that God created the earth in six days that's why i believe in God because he got moses to say that he exists which means that he exists...

...you'd be stupid to doubt it. burn in hell you. ignorant atheists.

Kulazzi

HSC
yeah, I agree with soha as well, the terrorists that claim "God told me to do this b/c America did that" or whatever is a load of crap. Some people dislike the Muslims b/c of that. A few weeks ago, our family was travelling back home from a friend's house and we were at a red light when these 18-22 yr old guys stopped beside us and started yelling abuse.

Pity that some people don't know much, wouldn't you say?

edit: Damn can't rep you soha (cos I've repped you before) !

*Barbie*

HSC
Kierkegaard said:
In the spirit of this discussion:

i think that God made me a person that thinks and sees beautiful trees an stuff and it makes me happy.this means that God exists because its pretty and evolution isnt pretty its bad.the Bible says that God created the earth in six days that's why i believe in God because he got moses to say that he exists which means that he exists...

...you'd be stupid to doubt it. burn in hell you. ignorant atheists.
hmmm lol aaah interestingly worded...(^^^burn in hell???^^^ dude...the love! <3 :uhhuh: ) :D
i thought this quote really explains well how a person saved cannot so much tell in words what happened (the Bible says it but people looking for something outside of the bible cant really be satisfied)... it sorta captures how it's a heart thing, an act of God... the supernatural cannot be explained by science...
'Oh, plain, and easy, and simple way of salvation! wanting no subtleties of art or science, no borrowed learning, no refinements of reason; but all done by the simple natural motion of every heart that truly longs after God. For no sooner is the finite desire of the creature in motion towards God, but the infinite desire of God is united with it, co-operates with it; and in this united desire of God and the creature is the salvation and life of the soul brought forth.' ...William Law (1686-1761)
sorry if that's not explained well or doesn't make sense i just thought they were pretty...
'The Lord afflicts us at times; but it is always a thousand times less than we deserve, and much less than many of our fellow-creatures are suffering around us. Let us therefore pray for grace to be humble, thankful, and patient. '
... John Newton (1725-1807)
'The authority of Scripture is greater than the comprehension of the whole of man's reason.' ... Martin Luther (1483-1546)

*Barbie*

HSC
Kulazzi said:
yeah, I agree with soha as well, the terrorists that claim "God told me to do this b/c America did that" or whatever is a load of crap. Some people dislike the Muslims b/c of that. A few weeks ago, our family was travelling back home from a friend's house and we were at a red light when these 18-22 yr old guys stopped beside us and started yelling abuse.

Pity that some people don't know much, wouldn't you say?

edit: Damn can't rep you soha (cos I've repped you before) !
yeah it's a pitty some people aren't smart enough to be thoughtful... sorry that happened 2 you!

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
*Barbie* said:
'The authority of Scripture is greater than the comprehension of the whole of man's reason.' ... Martin Luther (1483-1546)
Ahaha! That's very funny, really!

budj

HSC
The brain outstrips the heart inlogical analysis and deduction...Use it people...

Edit: lol for keirkergaards comments

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
budj said:
The brain outstrips the heart inlogical analysis and deduction...Use it people...
thats the problem with humans........we make discoveries and think were so great, that we are so powerful....some ppl evn go a step further and say they are god...if we are so great, how come we end up alone in a cold grave and decompose with animal eating our remains, why cant science make us live forever??.....sometimes u just need to take a step back and watch the world....watch wats going around u....

god is not defined....not bound in time, space and matter....science can neva disprove god as they are incapable of finding something that is above this universe.... niether can we prove something that is outside os the relm of human capabilities......however this brain u talk abt Budj....is wat were supposed to use, god gave u logic and a brain to think for urself...take a step back from thinking ur such a great human being and really think abt it..........ur a buddhist huh? u ppl believe in reincarnation?? is this to u logical??

budj

HSC
As for the buddhist question...i consider myself a mix..im not sure i really trust the reincarnation part until i read further into it (so far ive only heard it not read about it, but by far it is more logical than a god. "insert quote by albert instein regarding Bddhism and science"... You all consider that the spirit goes even further to a higher place...heaven...and then theres the creation in 6 day shananigans...and the 6000 year old earth. Also with the point of living forever...is it really the most ideal situation to mankind..imortalty?

So it brings me to the point that you cannot prove that a god exists can you? Convrsely, you cannot prove a god doesnot exist..but what im saying is that you can prove that a god does not need to exist.

The purpose of our death to decompose is the full circle of life.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
budj said:
Also with the point of living forever...is it really the most ideal situation to mankind..imortalty?

So it brings me to the point that you cannot prove that a god exists can you? Convrsely, you cannot prove a god doesnot exist..but what im saying is that you can prove that a god does not need to exist.

The purpose of our death to decompose is the full circle of life.
if scientists had anyway of allowing humans to live forever, they wouldnt hold back.....humans must die...because there is a power greater than us an we have to return to it....think abt it logially....

humans think they r greater than anything that could be out there.......i dont need to prove god....i know he exists by logic....it does not make sense to say that we are born and dont really do much in life (occasionally some ppl make cool discoveries and help others........the rest of us are usless and contribute in no way) and then die only to just decompose....if we dont have a creator then y do we die.....y cant we live forever?? weve been made by accident right?? so we have nothing to return to...

u think by one logic obviously and i think by another....u have no proof and i have no proof........in the end if ur right.....i have nothing to lose........if im right.........ur screwed.....but thats putting really generally.......and i dont usually go by that philosophy

Collin

HSC
N/A
soha said:
isnt our existance proof enough...?
think about the brain...how it functions...
who created that?
think about the heart..how it beats..
who created that?
think about the lungs how they operate..
how you breathe instinctively
how you wake up everymorining alive..you have been given life..by whom?..
by GoD...!
How does the concept of our existence and physiology prove that God exists?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)