does love exist. (1 Viewer)

nikolas

HSC
ITT retarded girl tries to prove existence of god through psychological relationship between two people.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Yes there is because otherwise you're left having to accept the eye witness testimony of anyone as evidence for the supernatural.

There are deductive fallacies (formal fallacies) and inductive fallacies, these both relate to the two forms of logical reasoning. Deductive fallacies are arguments whose form means that you can reach a false conclusion even from true premises i.e. they are invalid formulas. These are what you're normally dealing with when you're talking about 'logical fallacies'... Inductive fallacies are arguments which can not even have a deductive fallacy, but the premises which are supposed to give support to the conclusion simply don't provide enough support. The fallacy you've accused me of (composition) is an informal, inductive fallacy to which I have responded by explaining why it is that I believe the fact that so many other people have been tricked into believing in a miracle means that it is MORE LIKELY that in this case also we have the same thing.

Last edited:

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
There are entire communities in Africa, nay entire countries whom claim they have witch doctors... some tribes hate on the other tribes witch doctor but still believe he does have evil powers. Does this provide support for the claim that the man is a witch doctor? If it does, the support is not weak enough to meet the evidentiary burden which we should surely require for belief in something so extraordinary as witch doctors, which goes against so much of our already established knowledge.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
from my understanding of the term "witch doctors", it is a term used by the africans/people in third world countries to describe doctors who does not use medicine but instead traditional practices. I dont think that they are claiming anything extraordinary, its just a term that they use.
er no not always a lot of them believe in black magic and such f'real.

nikolas

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
from my understanding of the term "witch doctors", it is a term used by the africans/people in third world countries to describe doctors who does not use medicine but instead traditional practices. I dont think that they are claiming anything extraordinary, its just a term that they use.
Way to go, try and dodge the question.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
But the generally the main term "witch doctor" is simply that - a term. Therefore I would believe that it was not the whole community claiming that it is black magic. But yes to those that do believe I would say that they are uneducated.
It's not really generally "just a term"... Witch Doctors / Shamans etc are claimed to have magic powers and this is the overwhelming understanding of who a witch doctor is. There are some communities which have taken it upon themselves to kill people who they believe are witches.

If a non believers came to Africa and saw the black magic first hand and truly believed it, then I would consider taking it on board.
Er... but jews aren't non-believers in magic, they're non-believers in the divinity of jesus so you've not met your own burden or proof there. But even if a non-believer in magic did claim that X had magical powers I don't think it helps the case much at all... people can fool themselves.

Last edited:

nikolas

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
Touche. When I say they are uneducated we know that it is most likely as a result of there part as a "doctor" in which they think it was magic. Jesus was not only a healer but he performed other miracles as well. Liek the wine thing at the wedding and the thing with the fishes. Furthermore the fact that there were witnesses to say that the tomb was empty isnt a supernatural claim. So it is possible to deduct a conclusion from that event. If the tomb was empty because he had been moved it would have been physically traceable. If it was supernatural it could not have been.
/facepalm

ok so they say tomb was empty what does that mean;

• maybe Jesus was moved (how do you know it was physically traceable, or if it even was traced simply not known to the people)
  • Might Not be the right tomb
  • Might never have actually happened
  • Many other explanations im to tired/not bothered to list
  • or your conclusion Jesus turned Zombie

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Touche. When I say they are uneducated we know that it is most likely as a result of there part as a "doctor" in which they think it was magic. Jesus was not only a healer but he performed other miracles as well. Liek the wine thing at the wedding and the thing with the fishes.
It isn't just a matter of them not understanding how they've healed someone, they make fairly outrageous claims about what healing they've done and how. Also furthermore people believe that they can put hexes on other people etc etc etc.

Furthermore the fact that there were witnesses to say that the tomb was empty isnt a supernatural claim.
No it's not, but to claim that the reason why is for supernatural reason X is a supernatural claim.

If the tomb was empty because he had been moved it would have been physically traceable.
Sure... possibly.

If it was supernatural it could not have been.
Sure.

And the fact that such an event was not physically traced does not necessarily mean it was supernatural.

mzduxx2006

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
hi guys.

i havent "loved" anyone is such a long time and sometimes i wonder whether love is really just an illusion. maybe my heart is just numb. i dont know if i am just selfish or what. so at this moment i am an unbeliever in "love". i want to know whether love exists or not.

* i am not refering to lust. i am able to lust for someone.
** btw i am referring to romantic love.

edit: what is the proof that love exists.
unfortunately huny its not real, its just a conjured emotion to make people feel good about themselves to tower over others who are supposedly "NOT inlove"

its a bunch of shit anyways, the only guy u'll ever seriously like will be a total noob and fuck u over leaving u emotionally scarred, the end. now lets all bake a nice chocolate cake.

xoxo

HalcyonSky

HSC
mzduxx2006 said:
unfortunately huny its not real, its just a conjured emotion to make people feel good about themselves to tower over others who are supposedly "NOT inlove"

its a bunch of shit anyways, the only guy u'll ever seriously like will be a total noob and fuck u over leaving u emotionally scarred, the end. now lets all bake a nice chocolate cake.

xoxo
haha oh shit, RAPE VICTIM DETECTED

IcePrince

HSC
Love, as stated in the dictionary, is a strong liking for someone or something. The image of love that people create is in their own mind and only exists if they believe it does. It is only special if the person believes it is. So it is up to you whether love exists or not. Simple as that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)