Does the Burka restrict the freedom of women (1 Viewer)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
hi my religion says I have to rape and murder at least one virgin a day

please don't be ignorant and respect my culture

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
hi my religion says I have to rape and murder at least one virgin a day

please don't be ignorant and respect my culture
My religion says everyone should give me money.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
in all australian states, the respective crimes act makes it illegal to wear items of clothing with explicitly intimidating or defamatory text on them.

get government out of my wardrobe decisions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HSC
in all australian states, the respective crimes act makes it illegal to wear items of clothing with explicitly intimidating or defamatory text on them.

get government out of my wardrobe decisions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and give my my guns back.

qawe

HSC
N/A
But this isn't law. It's just a custom. Customs are already handled at the local level. We don't need the government to tell us what we can and cannot wear. If we do, then we may as well be nazis.
how do you know? has ur approach been tried in any country yet? because these local level customs are bound to degenerate fairly quickly (correct me if u have evidence to the contrary)

qawe

HSC
N/A
Oh um.

Christians use to murder Homosexuals and most are against Stem Cell Research due to it being affiliated with Abortion.
1) evidence? example?

2) that's a political view which everyone has the right to have or not have. i would be against christians going around and killing ppl who promote stem cell research

would you please admit that ur comparison of killing in Islam and being against certain moral points in Christianity was a false comparison?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
1) evidence? example?

2) that's a political view which everyone has the right to have or not have. i would be against christians going around and killing ppl who promote stem cell research

would you please admit that ur comparison of killing in Islam and being against certain moral points in Christianity was a false comparison?
1)http://www.thegaymanifesto.com/christians-killing-gays-and-lesbians-2000-2009/

2)Dont know where the Islam came from my post, and im not going to admit anything because all religions (but Buddhism), is at fault for most troubles of the earth.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
because buddhism isn't the basis of the oppressive thai monarchy, or the atrocious tyranny of the buddhist (lama) regime in pre-1950 tibet, and there have never been buddhist terrorists (oh wait aum shinrikyo, death squads in thailand)

why do people always wank over buddhism?

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Islam does not tell us to walk around looking like scary ghosts. It says that we should cover ourselves but we are allowed to show our faces and our hands and feet, people who do otherwise are actually veyr strict extremist muslims.
I think the burqa should be banned, there is absolutely no point in walking around looking like something out of a horror film, seriously they used to scare the crap out of me when i was a kid.
Also, when a woman wearing a burqa is driving and a policeman needs ID...how the heck does she show him who she is if it is against her so called "beliefs"?
Worst is when you go to a restaurant and the burqa lady and her husband are sitting down at a table having dinner and they are sitting in the darkest corner of the restaurant where its all isolated so that she can lift that cover and eat! So weird and so pointless, we are living in AUSTRALIA not Arabia.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
because buddhism isn't the basis of the oppressive thai monarchy, or the atrocious tyranny of the buddhist (lama) regime in pre-1950 tibet, and there have never been buddhist terrorists (oh wait aum shinrikyo, death squads in thailand)

why do people always wank over buddhism?
SWPLism

HSC

Beeck

HSC
I hate religion in general I think it was just used pre science to explan concepts that people had no answer for e.g. why the sun sets and rises, and i also think that religion has no place in contemparay society.
However just one thing on Islam, If i go over to an arab country I have to cover up or get into trouble with the law, yet despite waering the burque or hijjab (sory about the spelling) is not part of Australian culture Muslim women are aloud to wear them In Australia without facing the consequences that I would face for not doing so in one of these arab countrys.
I dont see the mutual repect for my beliefs here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)