Does the Trialz for IT VET count? (1 Viewer)

adamantium

HSC
hey hey...I've heard sumfing from one of my IT VET class mates that if we stuffed up our trialz, it didnt really matter and that the final HSC is worth 100%...is this true? He said as long as we do good for one of them ( trialz or HSC ) and we receive 'competent' for all our topics, dats all we need and we'll be fine. =S
thx in adv =]

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well actually there are two components of the Information Technology Certificate II Vet course, that of Certificate two in which for completing components\modules you either receive competent or not yet competent. While the HSC is different being made up of 50% assessment mark (which at least at my school comes from the trial which is worth 100% as we have had no assessments that go towards are HSC just competencies). Thus meaning your final HSC mark is made up of 50% assessment mark (based off my trial) and 50% of your HSC exam mark.

As for what your mates have been saying it really isn't true. As Certificate II isn't something to do with BOS\HSC and you can still complete IT without achieving Cert II. So 'doing good' in either the HSC or trial will only help your overall HSC mark and not your competencies on all topics, that you have to achieve through completing the various tasks and showing the teacher you are competent.

I hope that clears it up, good luck! And if anyone feels I am wrong in some aspect feel free to correct me in my tired state.

JTN

HSC
we've been told the same thing, hsc's worth 100% and trial marks only sent in if your in an accendent or something like that.

sinist4

HSC
hey ... im pretty what you^ is right.
i was just wondering... people that do information tech, they do get high uai's right (85+)?
if you do alright in it, i mean does it get scaled done heaps ?, say if you get 85% raw in the hsc
thx... :p

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
IT has no assessment mark

Kid.@dmin said:
Well actually there are two components of the Information Technology Certificate II Vet course, that of Certificate two in which for completing components\modules you either receive competent or not yet competent. While the HSC is different being made up of 50% assessment mark (which at least at my school comes from the trial which is worth 100% as we have had no assessments that go towards are HSC just competencies). Thus meaning your final HSC mark is made up of 50% assessment mark (based off my trial) and 50% of your HSC exam mark.

As for what your mates have been saying it really isn't true. As Certificate II isn't something to do with BOS\HSC and you can still complete IT without achieving Cert II. So 'doing good' in either the HSC or trial will only help your overall HSC mark and not your competencies on all topics, that you have to achieve through completing the various tasks and showing the teacher you are competent.

I hope that clears it up, good luck! And if anyone feels I am wrong in some aspect feel free to correct me in my tired state.

lkn4hoz

HSC
that sucks. i did ok on my trial exams i was first in my class but i think my mark was 70% maybe i don't know. and thats bad compared to other schools im guessinghopefully the hsc one will be just as easy but i will suffer on the long response questions like anyone elsecan anyone let me know what they are studying, i wasnt at skool the last month or so and missed out on revision papers i forgot most of the theory work lol

joga101

HSC
I've been curious about whether IT (VET) has an assessment mark... and after seeing this post, I'm more confused then ever! Once people started contradicting each other, the thread stopped making sense. Does anybody know a website or a place i can call to find out the fact on the matter?

Cheers

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
joga101 said:
I've been curious about whether IT (VET) has an assessment mark... and after seeing this post, I'm more confused then ever! Once people started contradicting each other, the thread stopped making sense. Does anybody know a website or a place i can call to find out the fact on the matter?

Cheers
IT and all other VET subjects have no assessment mark submitted to the board of studies. Your performance in the HSC exam determines 100% of your mark for the course.
However, it is noteworthy to add that the mark of your trial is recorded and only used in an instance where you are unable to attempt the HSC exam due to misadventure etc.

I hope that has cleared it up for you

tosirwithlove

HSC
IT VET has no assessment mark. It is also OPTIONAL and the school is not obliged to enter you, so don't go cruiZin the subject. The trial mark is used should you not sit the final exam. To get a Band 6 you need to take half yearly, yearly and trials seriously. You need the feedback - don't leave it until the final exam!

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
For all Board Developed Courses except VET courses and courses studied with an
outside tutor, school-based assessment throughout the HSC course contributes 50% of your HSC mark, and is reported on your Record of Achievement....
At the conclusion of the HSC assessment program, your school will submit a schoolbased assessment mark to the Board for each of your courses. (You do not receive an assessment mark for VET courses.)
Source: HSC RULES AND PROCEDURES

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
tosirwithlove said:
IT VET has no assessment mark. It is also OPTIONAL and the school is not obliged to enter you, so don't go cruiZin the subject. The trial mark is used should you not sit the final exam. To get a Band 6 you need to take half yearly, yearly and trials seriously. You need the feedback - don't leave it until the final exam!
So if you got 100 and first place in your trial, you would get 100 in IT VET and that would count to your UAI if you didn't take the final test?

No, wait .. that is wrong. They specifically say only the test at the end counts.

Samu

HSC
It's something like 200 people in the entire state that do Vet IT ..so im willing to take the odds that I get a band 6 lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)