Does this paragraph even make sense! (neo neo noir) (1 Viewer)

aussiechica

I am doing an assessment on the neo-neo noir genre, and found the below paragraph concluding a report on it.
However, it makes no sense to me and actually seems to be contradicting itself directly

Can anyone else make sense of it?

"Neo-Neo-Noir has only become a genre since the mid-90's and has not developed yet. It seems to have similarities to "Modernist" Neo-Noir in that the films are generally set in the classic Film-Noir period of the 40's and 50's, and therefore look like Noir films on screen (except for colour). They mimic the style of Film-Noir while bringing the film into today's era. Many people think that all noir films since 1980 are Neo-Noir, including 'L.A. Confidential', 'The Usual Suspects', and perhaps 'Memento' . These films and other films of this style are now called Neo-Neo-Noir. "

Please explain!!!!!
:(

( if anyone is interested in checking out the whole article, it came from http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...72OI1Y0ZRSCS/ref=cm_bg_lm/002-5092753-1694405)

Also, if anyone has any info (even book references- I will look them up, I am that desperate) relating to neo-neo-noir, please let me know!
I have trawled the net and only found this one article (Ive found mentions of it here and there, but no one seems too dedicated to the topic at the moment)- Im starting to think that this Waylander chick just made it up!

Thanks
:)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I interpret this to mean that "neo-noir" is modern film done in noir style, set in the 40's/50's. "neo-neo-noir" is modern film done in noir style set in modern day.

aussiechica

I agree with you, but it was that sentece that threw me:

"It seems to have similarities to "Modernist" Neo-Noir in that the films are generally set in the classic Film-Noir period of the 40's and 50's, and therefore look like Noir films on screen (except for colour)."

but yeah, your reply seems to be the only one that makes sense, so Im gunna go with that
Thankyou very much :)

Additionally, if anyone has any material on neo neo noir, I still really need it
Thanks

aussiechica

Houston, we have a problem!

McLake, we agreed that
I interpret this to mean that "neo-noir" is modern film done in noir style, set in the 40's/50's. "neo-neo-noir" is modern film done in noir style set in modern day.
But at the end of the article she cites LA Confidenetial as being neo neo noir - I saw LA confidential today, and its set in the 50s.

I
Am
So
Dead

What the hell is this essay on about?! If anyone understands this blood article, please explain it to me as I am sinking deeper and deeper into a pit of dispair (well, not really, but it sounded quite poetic so I thought Id fling it in for good measure).

Any help appreciated- the address is : http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...72OI1Y0ZRSCS/ref=cm_bg_lm/002-5092753-1694405

or just in case that link doesnt work, I have attached it in the form of a word doc

Thanks in advance

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Well I have read and re-read the article, and it dosn't make any sense. I fail to see the difference between the two styles.

Sorry about my previos interpreation, I have not seen LA Confidential.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Dropping the pedantic side of me temporarily....

they probably won't care if you call it neo noir or neo neo neo neo neo NEO noir. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)