• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does Year 11 count towards UAI? (1 Viewer)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
UP until the mid-1990s (1995 if I remember correctly) both Year 11 and Year 12 counted towards your HSC, except in English which was only a one year course.

Modern History had one non-assessable topic at the beginning of Year 11. I can't comment on other subjects as I was only teaching Modern History at the time.

When they introduced Pathways - the ability to accumulate the HSC over 5 years - they had to limit every course to being a single year starting in 4th term Year 11.

If you do an assessment task in 4th term Year 11 it is probably for the HSC but some schools do their end of Year 11 exams early in 4th term and they are obviously part of the Year 11 course.

What constitutes a 'pass' in Year 11 is up to the school. At mine students who have completed 50% of the assessment tasks for any course can continue on in that subject regardless of final mark. Last year we also got permission for a student who hadn't done the Preliminary course in Business Studies to sit the HSC in that subject after only a doing the HSC year of study - he had to satisfy the staff, who had to sign a certificate of satisfaction, that he knew the Preliminary work.

There are ways around almost all the 'rules' for individual circumstances.

Brizza2ndtime

HSC
omar273 said:
no, Yr 11 marks do not count toward your UAI. However, in the Mathematics courses, i think it's something like 30% of the exam tests Preliminary material so don't forget that
Does this happen in English also?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)