Does your school buy trial papers? (1 Viewer)

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
me121 said:
neap is not the same as independent. (note that independent is the brand name, not a generic name)
Hey mate, do you know where I could find some past trial papers?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
IMABOYDAMON! said:
I see that as a loss to SCCA in terms of profits rather than a loss to the school.
True but it did mean that for a number of years the staff at that school had more work to do as they had less choice for their trials (this pre-dated the Independent trial papers as well).

It also made it harder for their students to get hold of those papers and thus their students were possibly at a disadvantage in relation to other students as they hadn't necessarily seen the CSSA papers and therefore didn't have the information in those exams to use when deciding the emphasis of their study. For many years students have looked at the CSSA papers and used them as a guide as to what is likely to be excluded from the actual HSC exams although that doesn't alway work.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
cem said:
For many years students have looked at the CSSA papers and used them as a guide as to what is likely to be excluded from the actual HSC exams although that doesn't alway work.
Of course. It shouldn't work because both papers should be produced independently and there is no relation between them.

IMABOYDAMON! said:
That doesn't have much. For example, in the case of Legal Studies, I was only able to find 1 past trial paper.
Last time I checked individuals could not directly make a purchase from the organisation that produced the paper, so the only legal way to get them is too convince your school to purchase a copy. Your school doesn't have to buy them, and quite often they don't.

Last edited:

bored of sc

HSC
my maths teacher took past HSC papers for the first extension test... man I wish I did more past papers :hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)