Doing 12 units, not studying for worst 2 units? (1 Viewer)

meet86

HSC
Is anyone else doing this?
Thoughts on completely winging the subject that is your 2 worst units? I have Ancient history coming up, by far my worst 2 units out of my 12, so I've decided to do nothing for it but turn up for the exam. Is this a good or bad thing to do?

Adam263

HSC
That will be legal for me tomorrow :/ Focused on engineering which is in the afternoon, heavy day haha.

HSC
I'm thinking of doing this for extension 1 maths if I'm pressed for time...since studying so much for this extra 1 unit does make a difference. I might as well focus on my other subjects which are worth 2 units.
Exactly what I'm doing....

I gave up on extension 1 maths because it requires a lot of effort/pracitce, and I still screw it up (i suck at maths)...
So I'm just trying to do my best in the 2 unit subjects....

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
Lol this is EXACTLY me. I haven't studied for Ancient tomorrow at all, and tbh don't really care. Haha there's no way it will count for me :)

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Lol this is EXACTLY me. I haven't studied for Ancient tomorrow at all, and tbh don't really care. Haha there's no way it will count for me :)
If there's another question asking about the significance of food in Spartan society for the 15 marker I'll probably cry for the whole 3 hours.

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
Aren't you doing eleven units? Isn't business your worst?
Haha I don't even acknowledge Ancient as a subject for me.. that's how bad it is :p (In terms of ATAR estimates of course). But yes, second to Ancient, Business would be my worst. However, in comparison to Ancient, it's still relatively good when considering my performance throughout the whole year :p

RayRay

HSC
I probs won't be trying that hard in geography, unless I completely bomb out business/MX2.

leesh95

HSC
Physics for me. I was stupid enough to not drop it. Now have to show up to exam and waste 3 hours when I could study biology.
What happens if you fail the exam? Do you get a N letter and do you still get an ATAR?

ForOneEon

In a tree, in a well. Who knows where I possibly d
HSC
For me, it would be between Bio, MX2 and Jap. But I like all my subjects though, which is why I didn't drop. I'm going to study for ALL of them!

Physics for me. I was stupid enough to not drop it. Now have to show up to exam and waste 3 hours when I could study biology.
What happens if you fail the exam? Do you get a N letter and do you still get an ATAR?
Your exam mark just gets recorded and moderated probably. If you got a decent rank at school, you should end up with a reasonable score.
But hey, it's your dump subject, right? You should still be able to pull up your ATAR with your other subjects.

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Does it look bad if you do okay in the other 10 units but your extra 2 units you did horribly in?

Like for example you don't make the atar cutoff and they're looking at your other subjects?
People can still drop subjects right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)