doing an "all nighter" - studying all night (1 Viewer)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
all nighters are not good before exams, they are fince for handing in assessments.

i did all nighters for maths and phy. i remember going to the toilet to wake myself up in the maths one(4u). it is a bad habit to get into before uni hits.

^___^
HSC
all nighter only works IF YOUR EXAM IS IN EARLY IN THE MORNING

if your exam start from noon onwards, allnighter will fuck you over like never before, trust me on that

cataleptic

HSC
I've done it before, in the half yearly and trials.

There's no real need for it now. I know my stuff, and it's important to look after yourself in the HSC.

some girl

HSC
I've done that for most of my exams in HSC so far and it in no way affects me... maybe because I sleep till like 4-5pm thus making me do an all nighter hahahaha :rolleyes: I just can't sleep -___- INSOMNIAC ALERT!!!

soy87

you only ever do an all nighter for an assignment. Never for exams coz like everyone has been saying u need to sleep to concentrate.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I was fine for religion. Slept from 7am till 12pm; the only reason I'm tired now is cause I just sat in the same uncomfortable chair for 3 hrs straight and wrote till my hand died.

lextasy

HSC
you need sleep... if only a little. like 5hrs and then a shower with contrasting water temperatures hot/cold/hot/cold.
you'll be buzzing right through your MORNING exam and then it's nap time in the arvo.

IcEy

HSC
Why bother? If you don't know it by then, pulling an all nighter isn't going to help you.

Might as well take it easy, get some good rest, so you're at your best, so you can make shit up :-D

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
NO, DON'T DO IT! If you can help it, anyway... (i've had four all-nighters thus far this week, it really destroys you). Two in a row, then a normal night's sleep (8hrs) then 2 more in a row! i was working on assignments though, so it's a bit different.

the other day i had a microsleep in the shower and woke up after losing my balance! On another occasion i was hallucinating and hearing music that wasn't really there. Lack of sleep does strange things to you after a while.... o_O

Try to get at least a couple hours of sleep on any given night.. your brain and body will thank you for it. And pulling all-nighters can become such a bad habit in uni... so hard to break out of!

Last edited:

Skewl

HSC
cramming works but only n certain people...like for eg i can cram 7 chapters in one nite n ill be fine as long as i overdoze on coffeee....dats what i dun for legal. I crammed all of crime in one nite ...TOO BAD BOARD OF STUDIES SCREWED US UP WIF NO CRIME IN IT

thisisnotart

HSC
i just did two all nighters in a row for english & legal, & trust me, dont do it.
but sometimes you just get to a point where you realise man, going to bed now will be worse than if i just stay awake.
&coffee doesnt work. neither do apples. dont believe what they tell you.

Alienangel

Pulling an All nighter works for work type stuff like essays and those term long assignments that u actually look at the saturday b4 it's due on monday.
No go for study tho - your mind catagorises info and stuff while you sleep (expect dreams while u study). It also helps u to stay alert for the exam and focus on the questions.
Still u gotta love XS before each exam tho. Just for that extra NRG boost!

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
I think ive gone for all nighters for almost every exam since yr 11. Now it might not be the best thing to do but if you haven't done much study then its probably your best chance. I find I pretty much perform much better i had crammed for a shorter period and slept.

When you do an all nighter there is one part of the night where you will be dreadfully tired, thats when you need to splash some ice cold water on your face and just keep going. After a while you will feel just as alert as you have ever been. Resist the temptation to go to sleep for a bit - now that WILL screw you up.

But it is a horrible habbit, its always better for you to truly understand your material, you will perform much better that way.

But yeah, with uni unless you're very good at time management, you will end up pulling some all nighters to get some assignments done - try to use them for assignments though.

7th Sign

HSC
if i tried to stay awake all night which I have done at parties the next morning I am tired as a mofo and like like just fall asleep at like 9am to 10am this would not be great in a exam.

I would rather study for like 12 hours during the day time which is the smart option not some all night shit which will leave you ucked up for the next day and asleep in the exam room resulting in a nice big 0.

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
I've only ever done an all nighter for business studies during the trials, i had heaps to catch up on. I drank heaps of tea to keep me awake but the next day i did'nt feel so gud, i couldn't eat much breky cause i felt like puking. As for performance, i did ok.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
lol. i have an exam tmw at uni (yes i know sat!). and looks like an all-nighter. might try to get at least 2/3 hrs of sleep. the test is at 2pm.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it wouldn't work for me, i can't concentrate when i am tired and would sleep the whole nect day anyway

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
beggers cant be choosers.

i would give up the rest of sat at the drop of a hat. :D

Mooronator

HSC
all nighters are good... did one last night it was 12 and thought... hmm... not tired.... hmm... maths on monday stayed up till 8, no break just put discman on repeat and kept going... learnt the etire year 12 course.... i highly reccomend it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)