Doing hsc over two years? (1 Viewer)

nkw

HSC
N/A
A girl at my school is doing her hsc over 2 years? I honestly don't know if I could maintain that focus for 2 years, but I'm sure it would help out with the stress and it might even help her with getting higher marks? What does everyone else think?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
A girl at my school is doing her hsc over 2 years? I honestly don't know if I could maintain that focus for 2 years, but I'm sure it would help out with the stress and it might even help her with getting higher marks? What does everyone else think?
It may help her out as she would possibly be doing half the subjects in one year and half in the next year. She may also have more time to prepare

nkw

HSC
N/A
Won't it affect her uni time at all ?

ellie95

HSC
N/A
I'm doing this system and I don't like it. The teachers seem to rush everything just so we can finish in time for the HSC. The only advantage is, we have more face to face time with teachers as well as closer to the HSC where we have 3 subjects to study for.

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
This is a great way to do the HSC especially if you do half your subjects in yr 11 and 12. My mat at fort street did chem and 3 unit in his year 11 and he had super great marks since he had a whole year to concentrate on two subjects. Now he needs to do the other 5 units in year 12.

madharris

HSC
N/A
My friend was doing pathways and hated it, mainly because she got bored, not enough variety of subjects

nkw

HSC
N/A
Nope, she will start at the same time as everyone else .

She is doing year 12 2014-15, everyone else in her grade finishes year 12 in 2014, so won't they be heading off to uni when she is doing her second year? I don't understand?

D94

HSC
N/A
She is doing year 12 2014-15, everyone else in her grade finishes year 12 in 2014, so won't they be heading off to uni when she is doing her second year? I don't understand?
Won't it affect her uni time at all ?
So what? What has uni got to do with how long she completes her HSC? You aren't obligated to go to uni the year after you complete your HSC. There are heaps of older students, students who take gap years, students who do part time, students who overload etc. etc. It isn't school anymore, there's plenty of flexibility at uni.

nkw

HSC
N/A
So what? What has uni got to do with how long she completes her HSC? You aren't obligated to go to uni the year after you complete your HSC. There are heaps of older students, students who take gap years, students who do part time, students who overload etc. etc. It isn't school anymore, there's plenty of flexibility at uni.

Kudos.

kittystar

HSC
I was faced with the choice of doing my hsc of 2 years this year as I injured my neck and shoulder really really badly and it's affecting my sleep, study, walking etc. However it wasn't what I wanted to do, I don't think I could cope with being at school another year

mac1996

HSC
I was faced with the choice of doing my hsc of 2 years this year as I injured my neck and shoulder really really badly and it's affecting my sleep, study, walking etc. However it wasn't what I wanted to do, I don't think I could cope with being at school another year
dont worry the hsc will be over in no time
just keep ur head up and have a positive attitude
im sure u will do great:)
and i hope ur neck gets better

deviouswatch

HSC
I have seen two perspectives on this. A bloke in my year is doing his 2nd year of Y12, and by no means is his marks improving in any amazing way, and he has next to no friends in the year. Although I'm pretty sure he doesn't care at all, for the normal kind of person out there it would be tough maintaining focus and friends over the two years. ALso, the second perspective is someone in my year who has a illness whereby he is missing significant portions of school so has been forced into this option. He tells me he loves the extra study and free time, but the issue is he has almost too much free time now, and isn't motivated to keep up because he thinks he has more time to do the work.

tl;dr - Bad idea.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Seems like a good idea at the time but in reality it would take its toll on you towards the end of your second year.

super47

HSC
N/A
As a student doing this 3+3 system, its not all that great to be honest. So what if we do only 3 subjects this year, we have double the work load so it balances it self out. I'm doing chem,english adv and 2u maths this year and its really fast paced. I dont know how this helps me on the long run, we'll have to wait and see. But honestly its not as good as it sounds.

deviouswatch

HSC
As a student doing this 3+3 system, its not all that great to be honest. So what if we do only 3 subjects this year, we have double the work load so it balances it self out. I'm doing chem,english adv and 2u maths this year and its really fast paced. I dont know how this helps me on the long run, we'll have to wait and see. But honestly its not as good as it sounds.
Are you doing 3 HSC units in YR 11, like the full HSC course ( Prelim+HSC)?
I think OP was asking about doing Yr 11 as normal then 2 Y12 years.

Currybear

HSC

I was offered a similar program and chose not to do it for the exact same reason.... and my ego wouldn't allow :p

super47

HSC
N/A
Oh.. Well i finished my prelim course 6 weeks ago for all my subjects and i'm doing te hsc course for those subjects right now. I do this next year aswell, so maybe not the OP's question after all

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Tapatalk 2

enoilgam

HSC
I'd hate to be cynical, but you need to maintain that focus at uni as well. The HSC isnt exactly the absolute end of things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)