Doing tests......tips (1 Viewer)

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
Ne tips for when doing prelim yearly tests......
I got maths tommorrow :S 2hrs :(
like ne ideas of good ways to do a test...if u get me?

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Have a good breakfast. I cannot stress this enough.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
^ Indeed.

Really focus when you get inside the exam room. I feel that when I come into it, my concentration just increases tenfold and there is absolutely no fatigue. So have a good breakfast and avoid any caffeine.

Read the questions carefully, and for MC, go through each answer. Using the process of elimination, choose the best answer. For longer response questions, answer it specifically. If they ask you to discuss or to compare and contrast, don't go explaining irrelevant matters or assessing the subject. Write your answers with the important content that answers the question.

If you have time, CHECK! Often when I do this, I pick up mistakes that I wouldn't have otherwise noticed if I didn't check until it was too late. Read the questions carefully!

If in doubt or if you have no clue about how to answer a question, skip it and go along to the next one. Timing is important! If there's 10 minutes to go and you still find you can't answer it, make an answer up with some things that are related to the topic. Sometimes bullshit-ing can work ;)

cccclaire

HSC
-read through the test first.
-look at mark allocation. if it says '3 marks' then they want you to make 3 points, and don't write 40 lines for a 1 mark question etc.
-get to the point in your responses, unless its english.

wdoueihi

2006 HSC Student.
HSC
make sure you do not watch t.v in the days leading up to the exams. the way to get good marks is to totally immerse yourself in the course material. block out everything else and just purely focus on the exams. know the material, know the sylabus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)