Domino's Pizza (1 Viewer)

Beege

HSC
What is it like there? Are the hours good? Would an 18 year old get around 10 hours per week casual?

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
dominos are desperate for workers.
It's probably easier for you to get a job there as a driver, rather than an instore worker, but it's worth trying for.
10hrs/wk would be like the minimum they'd give you if they need an instore worker. You'd get 20 easily as a driver.

It's up to the manager to do the rosters and give who what hours. I got along pretty well with all the managers and just asked 'em to give me the longest hours each day. Ended up working 40ish hours/wk opening and closing the store etc.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I just applied for a job at domino's...the ad said they're amongst the highest paid in the industry

Beege

HSC
Just as long as I can earn at least $50-$100 a week i'll be happy. Would the job be as stressful as maccas?

G

Gavvvvvin

I used to work as a driver, all I can say is worst job ever.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
Beege said:
Just as long as I can earn at least $50-$100 a week i'll be happy. Would the job be as stressful as maccas?
it gets wildly hectic at dinnertime 6-8pm. Otherwise it's a cruisy job. When i managed the store i'd just make pizzas, grab a coke and sit back and chill out haha.

yea and being a driver is pretty hard for the pay. Can be a bit dangerous doing deliveries (in terms of driving... end up speeding, too busy lookin for the house rather than watching the road etc).Fkn, lookin for the house numbers and the dickheads havent turned their lights on and you gotta crawl through their jungle of a front yard and they don't tip you for it. haha

go for it. Quit if you dont like it.

Beege

HSC
Well my local store is hiring pizza makers. Will my 7 months experience at maccas give me a better chance of getting the job? The reason I want another job because I get crappy shifts at maccas. Like 3 hours a week average. I'm not even rostered for this week :burn: Are dominos more fair with older workers? do older workers get a lot of shifts too because McDonalds only give a lot of shifts to younger workers. I'm turning 18 in a few weeks.

http://www.hippo.com.au/JobSearch/JobDetails.aspx?id=1105

it says hours per week = 10

that looks alright

Last edited:

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
man.. it's a pizza shop. Not a science lab. Relax haha
Just show that you're keen/hand in a resume and try and have a word with the manager face-face. Try to see the manager at least, so that they know you're not a retard.
Lots of weirdos and retards applied for dominos. The managers would just throw out the applications =\

Most workers at the dominos i worked at were around 18. The drivers were usually heaps old though, but everyone in store was <20yo.

daviet

HSC
last week i ordered and it was peak time, like 100 orders between 5-7pm or something. all i can say there was soo much tension and the workers looked so stressed out and also the customers were angry, it didnt look good mate, i think driving is a lot better

spiny norman

HSC
I've worked as a driver for the past six months now, and can say it's an awful job which I wouldn't recommend to anyone. The (God-awful) pay vs the cost of petrol alone makes the job pretty much unworthwhile. While there is a work car, they hired several drivers unable (or unwilling) to use their own cars, so I'd only get to use it when I was doing an open or close shift (wherein you're the only driver). Then someone crashed it, and we don't have it anymore.

I could go on and on about why you shouldn't work there. I know that I handed my application in one afternoon and was asked to work my first shift that night, which was the first sign that something was amiss. I am giving my two weeks notice tomorrow, and not a day too soon.

Go work elsewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)