Donald Trump (1 Viewer)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I can finally understand why Trump picked Mike Pence as a running mate.
People will be less-likely to unseat Trump when the alternative stand-in is Pence.
people who dislike trump like pence better than trump

Drsoccerball

HSC
2016 : trump wont win

2017: president trump can't do that, can he?

2018: you watching the hunger games tonight? I hope my district wins

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
hunger games? Donald Trump will make America great again for everyone. Hillary Clinton was the elitist who cares only about helping her corporate oligarch donors.

Drsoccerball

HSC
hunger games? Donald Trump will make America great again for everyone. Hillary Clinton was the elitist who cares only about helping her corporate oligarch donors.
Either way both choices were aids.

Red_of_Head

HSC
people who dislike trump like pence better than trump
If that's true I doubt it'd be by much. He's opposed climate change, restricted LGBT rights, supported the Tea Party, supports Citizens United. He appears to be a lot more conservative than Trump.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I thought opposition to climate change was a good thing?????????????????????

Orwell

HSC
I respect Bernie Sanders and what he's trying to do - but Trump has the right approach to what needs to be done.

enoilgam

HSC
I respect Bernie Sanders and what he's trying to do - but Trump has the right approach to what needs to be done.
Im the opposite, I felt Trump was on the right track with the issues facing the US, but dont think he had the solutions. Bernie was the right man for the job and I think the Democrats now realise that rigging the primary system in favour of Clinton was a huge mistake. Why on earth they did that is beyond me, surely at that stage they would have realised that any conventional Republican candidate would have smashed Clinton.

enoilgam

HSC
This is what happens when a major political party like the Democrats rig their own primaries to nominate that crook Hillary. Their stategy backfired and they got what they deserved. http://observer.com/2016/07/wikileaks-proves-primary-was-rigged-dnc-undermined-democracy/

Besides that Hillary was already weak candidate who had who had already been implicated in so much corruptions and scandals before and even during the campaign. People wanted candidates like Bernie and Trump who both had populist and anti-establishment messages in their campaigns. The public are sick of the same old people trying to run their country, they instead wanted something new and out of the blue.
In my view, the Democrats bear significant blame for the rise of Trump and pretty much the rise of movements like the Tea Party. They didnt do nearly enough to cut them off or at least counter with a strong appeal to their working class base.

Kolmias

HSC
Disappointing performance by the Democrats.

This will affect Australia adversely.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
In my view, the Democrats bear significant blame for the rise of Trump and pretty much the rise of movements like the Tea Party. They didnt do nearly enough to cut them off or at least counter with a strong appeal to their working class base.
They can't appeal to the working class because their policies are disastrous to the working class

enoilgam

HSC
They can't appeal to the working class because their policies are disastrous to the working class
Pretty much how I feel about Republicans, so we will agree to disagree.

My point still stands, the Democrats have been largely ineffectual towards reaching out and firing up their base in the last few cycles. A huge opportunity has been missed over the past few years which Bernie Sanders (a non-Democrat) successfully capitalised on in his campaign. I think this election could be a blessing in disguise for the Democrats. Hillary Clinton would have been a liability as President and I think now they hit the refresh button. A good rethink of their policies and outreach towards disaffected voters in traditional blue states can help rebuild their platform. They need to be able to counter the Tea Party movement going forward and to do that, a shakeup in thinking is needed.

I think the Republicans on the other hand may potentially struggle in a similar fashion to the Carter era Democratic party. The right and far right of the party are extremely adversarial which has already caused significant issues within their caucus. Added to that, Donald Trump is very unpredictable and I doubt whether they will stand by many populist policies. A lot of people cast Donald Trump as an "alt right" politician, but I think in reality, he is first and foremost a populist. He draws a lot from the right but also significantly from the left. So that definitely leaves room for intrigue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)