done so bad first assessment .. (1 Viewer)

iampeterr

King
HSC
Uni Grad
hey guys ! i had my first assessment .. and it was marked on the same day and i manged to only get 52% .. i look over the test now and it seems so easy i don't get why i done so bad ! D:
i could do every question and knew what it was asking but my marks are appalling ..

any suggestions? :S .. i understand all the content and everything i get taught. /depressed. :(

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Try harder next time. You can't do much now... so just try harder and do better next test.

tohriffic

HSC
Do lots of past papers! ^ ^ You shouldn't take the questions you see as the questions you will get in your test but I think it's good practice in applying your knowledge to exam questions.

Basically, just lots of practice in maths will get you far. :) Don't forget to check your answers in the test if you have time!

Last edited:

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
First things first: Identify why you did poorly even though you say you knew the content? If you find the problem is something along these lines, you should work on your ability to think on the spot (for example) rather than studying the content as much.

iampeterr

King
HSC
Uni Grad
i think its when i get in the exam room i feel really pressured and nervous and want to rush through the test .. : (

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
We seem to always rush in tests and because of our stress tend to overthink or underthink. You have a wise attitude ~ you accept that you've done bad and went over your work to see what you could have done better. You can do so much better - its not too late to achieve good results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)