• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Donnie Darko as a related text?!??!? (1 Viewer)

dreamer_1488

HSC
im thinking of using Donnie Darko as my related text for imaginative journeys.
i was thinking of The Matrix or Alice in Wonderland, but a friend said not to because everyone uses it. so i want something that no one really uses.
my school is doing coleridge's poetry.
any ideas anyone?

Spunge12

HSC
It doesnt matter what you choose man, someone else is going to use it anyway.
It doesnt matter what you talk about, as long as you talk about it well. I would rather my marker know the movie i'm talking about rather than using an Asian film to which she has not seen. (asian cinenma is great..alot of unused options there.)
Thats me though...

I wrote down some very quick thoughts on Donnie Darko anyway.

In reality, you really don't see 6' tall bunny rabbits who can tell you when the world is going to end. :p So imaginary gets a tick

Alright, Donnie Darko has alot of references to God.
Does God exist? Is Frank sent from God?

Possibly link this to poems where Coleridge questions God and his faith.... or something
I'm sure you can link it somehow... Donnie is restricted in the tangible realm, but his imagination can allow him 'to do whatever he wants' (quote from Frank)- this is not unlike Lime Tree Bower.

I'm sure you can find better links and some techniques used.

D

dumbstruck27

Haha hey I know you! I was thinking of doing Donnie Darko too, but I don't get it in the first place. I'm doing The Matrix, I've got question 3 so the whole "transporting into a different world" thing goes alright. But I'm still going hopeless haha.

<3 charli :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)