• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

DotA (2 Viewers)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Serius said:
...Zeus is shit, hes slow, he deals poor damage, has poor hp, no stuns or escape mechanisms... he is naix chow

only thing good is his ulti if you time it right, but thats only good if your team is winning, otherwise its shit 2
FuckLiberals said:
Agreed, Zeus is mightily shit, one of the worst in the game.

I haven't played DotA in ages, but when I get my comp, I'll start playing again.

We'll have a game, Jarad?

Considering he's one of the top picks in clan wars, I wouldn't say he's shit. I don't think you can be a slut for a clan if you think Zeus is shit.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
tommykins said:
Considering he's one of the top picks in clan wars, I wouldn't say he's shit. I don't think you can be a slut for a clan if you think Zeus is shit.
he doesnt match my play style, whats the problem? also notice how i said that over 2 years ago? the game has changed considerably, and you would know that if you had been playing as long as me.

I can play a damn good zeus if i need to, he is a good teamwork character [especially his ulti and static field thing] but he just isnt that fun and gets owned by a lot of heroes if you are by yourself [which is how i play 70% of the game like]

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: DotA

Serius said:
he doesnt match my play style, whats the problem? also notice how i said that over 2 years ago? the game has changed considerably, and you would know that if you had been playing as long as me.

I can play a damn good zeus if i need to, he is a good teamwork character [especially his ulti and static field thing] but he just isnt that fun and gets owned by a lot of heroes if you are by yourself [which is how i play 70% of the game like]
duely noted the time of post.

zeus fits the role of early game ganker/mid-game carrier/late game support. he shouldn't be by himself anyways, should be ganking the moment he's lvl 8-9.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: DotA

All the heroes are good for certain things. I probably play the same way as Serius. I tend to go solo Rambo alot (with varying degrees of success)

u-borat

Banned
HSC

there are heroes who just aren't good, plain and simple.

*stares at crystal maiden.*

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

u-borat said:

As the game constantly gets tweaked and new heroes added, heroes that used to be good suddenly become worthless, and previously shit heroes are now good. Sniper used to be thought of as pretty shit, until people realised you could stack attack speed and basically perma stun with high damage from high range, scatter shot then assasinate to finish.

Crystal Maiden used to be a pretty good hero, but now she is food for all of the most played heroes. Still can do alright if played properly and against the right team, but starts off with a dissadvantage

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: DotA

u-borat said:

She's used in wars.

How is CM shit when she has a stun and a slow nuke? Not to mention a devastating ult once she gets BKB?

Pair her with centuar or lina and you'll see her at her best.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: DotA

she's like never used in the league matches these days.
she has pathetic health and an ultimate that has the ability to do.....zero damage.

lina absolutely dominates her.

u-borat

Banned
HSC

magina is teh win against spellcasters.
tank up with hood and vanguard, hit them a few times, watch their laguna blade do like 1/2 damage, then use ultimate and they die die. :D

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC

I don't think you really need the hood with magina. He's already got extra spell resistance and I don't think the spell resistance from the hood stacks unless you get it before getting the spell shield. Vanguard is awesome though.

u-borat

Banned
HSC

na, it stacks just with reduced effectiveness. as in i think spell shield is 40%, so watever the hood % is, it takes off that % X 60, which is all that is left.

but the hp regen is ridiculous with those 2 items paired...but yeah, i usually don't have gold for both after getting bots and others.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

u-borat said:
na, it stacks just with reduced effectiveness. as in i think spell shield is 40%, so watever the hood % is, it takes off that % X 60, which is all that is left.

but the hp regen is ridiculous with those 2 items paired...but yeah, i usually don't have gold for both after getting bots and others.
pretty sure thats right as of the latest version, in older ones you had to buy hood first, never drop it or even move it in you inventory then get spell shield ability.

The way i play heroes though, like magina already has the spell shield, what he lacks is hp and damage so i pump that up instead of wasting my money on something he is allready strong at.

u-borat

Banned
HSC

shithouse farmer though; hard to farm without midas/radiance- which require a lot of gold in the first place lol.

magina solo lane and try to farm until mid/late game is pwnage.

tanking wid visage is fun. and its easy to farm with her as well.

u-borat

Banned
HSC

so i randomed mercurial; having never used it before, and tis pretty super. haunt with that teleport ability and spectral dagger just rapes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)