double degree confusion (1 Viewer)

Rahul

Dead Member
i have accepted an offer to do BAppFin BCom-Accg.

now, what are the recommended program or minimum requirements to receive this award [the double degree]?

it seems really confusing in the handbook. i am looking for a list of subjects that i should do for this.

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
Minimum requirements is 96 credit points.

What i recommend you should study in the first year is:

ACCG100 Accounting 1A
ACCG101 Accounting 1B
ACST101 Techniques and Elements of Finance
COMP123/114 Introduction to Information Technology/Introduction to Information Systems
ECON110 Macroeconomic Principles
ECON111 Microeconomic Principles
ECON141 Introductory Econometrics
STAT170/171 Introductory Statistics/Statistical Data Analysis

Rahul

Dead Member
thanks, but where can i find info abt this myself?

i am very confused on what subjects i will be doing for the duration of my deg.
should i compare the BAppFin and BCom-Accg degrees and make sure i do them both?
if i look at it they have very similar subjects, except that BCom-Accg does BUSL and BAppFin does ECON in 2nd and 3rd years.

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
With a double degree, you only complete the main core unit of both degrees. Hence its only 96 credit points. If you add both the degrees up, its 144 credit points.

To check what subjects you should do, you should really speak to an academic adviser. You can cantact the Division of Economic and Financial Studies on 9850 8450.

Rahul

Dead Member
ffs, i ring them up and it turns out that it is more convenient for them if I come there on friday.

till then...what is the difference between doing this instead of the first year subjcts recomended above..

ACCG101
ACCG105
ACST101
ECON110
ECON111
ECON141
COMP115
STAT171

LeThaL

Hey Rahul
Im doin the same course as u. Im totally confused about picking my units and doin the timetable.

Who did u speak to from macquarie uni?? Wat was their advice?

Rahul

Dead Member
they told me to come to uni this friday between 2pm and 5pm and there will be an academic advisor there.
he told me to go to room C5C414?!!? where is that?

LeThaL

i just called now n they told me that the acadenic advisers will be avaiable in febuary.

Im so confused. R u gonna go this friday?

Rahul

Dead Member
yeh i think i will. but you say that they told you that the advisors will be available in feb!?! wtf, but they told me this friday, which is 30th of jan

:confused:

LeThaL

yeh i know that's why im confused 2. Anyway im still gonna go this friday n see if i can talk 2 anyone there.

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Rahul
ffs, i ring them up and it turns out that it is more convenient for them if I come there on friday.

till then...what is the difference between doing this instead of the first year subjcts recomended above..

ACCG101
ACCG105
ACST101
ECON110
ECON111
ECON141
COMP115
STAT171
What you have done there is totally unlogical to me..having said that..no offense!

I would recommend you to do ACCG100 with ACCG101 as these are partner subjects. What i mean by that is that ACCG101 continues on from ACCG100. ACCG105 is sort of like a financial summary of ACCG100 and ACCG101 but please note ACCG105 can only be taken in sem 2. As with ACCG101! and the pre-requsitie for ACCG101 is either AACG100 or ACCG105. So basically, you'll be a year behind.

Go to uni on fri, there will be academic advisers there as re-enrolling students will start enrolling from monday (for economic&financial students anyways).

ALso STAT171 is a lot harder than STAT170. Unless you plan to do 200-level stat or transfer to actuarial studies, i highly recommend you to do STAT170..unless you want a challenge of course!

Last edited:

Rahul

Dead Member
lol, no offence taken. i have no real idea :s

what about COMP115?
i have had done c++ programming in HS. so i am looking to do something where i can utilise that.
thanks.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
oh really we can go on fri to see the academic advisors? i like to be organised, so i might do that. i'll ring them tomorrow. i don't want to be choosing subjects at the last minute before i enrol.

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Rahul
lol, no offence taken. i have no real idea :s

what about COMP115?
i have had done c++ programming in HS. so i am looking to do something where i can utilise that.
thanks.
To my knowledge, any 100-level COMP unit is recognised by the professional accounting sequence..so yeh! if you wish to utilitse your programming skills..then go for COMP115!

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by iambored
oh really we can go on fri to see the academic advisors? i like to be organised, so i might do that. i'll ring them tomorrow. i don't want to be choosing subjects at the last minute before i enrol.
Academic advisors will DEFINETLY be on campus from Feb 2nd onwards. But hey..theres no rush for you! You've still got two weeks till enrollment!

Rahul

Dead Member
hmm...they told me to come this friday, between 2 and 5.
and people are saying that advisors will be avail from 2nd of feb??

so can i still go this friday, becasue that is what the person said when i called them up!

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
If they told you Friday, then yes they will be there. Because usually advisors are there before enrollement begins, which starts on Monday. So you 'should' be able to take there word for it.

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by orangeguy
Academic advisors will DEFINETLY be on campus from Feb 2nd onwards. But hey..theres no rush for you! You've still got two weeks till enrollment!
do you know when they will be there, as in what time?
also where :s

would they be there on tuesday aswell?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)