Downloading from uniwide, few questions... (1 Viewer)

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Re: 回复: Downloading from uniwide, few questions...

wow you are so hardcore being mistaken for programming =/
you could always come to cse laptop lounge and find some real programmers? :p
on second thought, dont come to cse laptop lounge, its too crowded :p
they should make you scan your card to get entry imo.
Wow. A REAL programmer. How I aspire to be you one day.

(lmao he does know how to program, and iirc has taken numerous comp subjects - get off your high horse, geek).

dp624

HSC
Re: 回复: Downloading from uniwide, few questions...

i wonder if bored aussies is allowed

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
dude anything you get from BT uses specific ports they pick up on thats consistent with p2p activity. maybe dling just a song wont do anything but you want to take that risk

unsw comms unit has a server that sends all IT support staff a very fucking annoying email every so often they presume the internets being abused or flooded, because p2p does like pretty much thrash your internet by downloading parts of a file from many different clients too maximise download speed; vs loading just a few internet sites with hte average user you can tell the difference (this is determined by comm engineers/technitions/analysts that work for the comms unit ... usually just some lackey) ... also ARIA would pick up on the leeching and contact the ISP (ie. unsw) and they'll send down the fire and brimstone onto you

anyways this email contains IP Addresses, ip addresses are assigned from a server which gives you that IP address once you give it your student ID and password!

we had to ban a few students from using computers from them constantly ignoring us, i hope ur not one of them :p

i personally dont chase up people downloading, i deal more with troubleshooting hardware, virus's, dickheads who slow down computers (my solution: format ! ), i set up computer labs (you can thank me for all those new computers in samuels :p i had to do 2 floors by myself!!) + i helped with G2-G4 in Wallace wurth, and a few in level 4/5
your name isn't steve (or along those lines) is it?

I was caught torrenting on uni computers (god that was some insane speeds) twice. One more time and ill be banned. And I receive a msg from novetell client saying blah blah blah. stop or face consequences.

Which = fines / banning from quad lab.

lol.

Goodtimes, good times.
Now all I do is use rapidshare to do my dling. ;)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
speed aint as much as it used to be, lvl 9 library i used to get around 1500kbps, i only got maximum 330kbps the other day, do not want.

fozzster22

HSC
I hope they catch the biggest leeches and put them in jail or something.

Get an adsl connection like everybody else and leech on your own time, instead of screwing up the chance to use free internet for everyone else, goddamn.
qft.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
I downloaded a few episodes of the gruen transfer off uniwide a few weeks ago, speeds of 1.1MB/s. Nothing slow there

HSC
your name isn't steve (or along those lines) is it?

I was caught torrenting on uni computers (god that was some insane speeds) twice. One more time and ill be banned. And I receive a msg from novetell client saying blah blah blah. stop or face consequences.

Which = fines / banning from quad lab.

lol.

Goodtimes, good times.
Now all I do is use rapidshare to do my dling. ;)
yea it is why? lol

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Yo Steve, did ya tell michelle about the movies this sunday? Or should i call her myself ?

HSC
who is michelle??

at quad labs? thats not me i only take care of the labs in walluce wurth building and samuels

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Dude why did you dog it on sunday ?

Me and michelle were waiting for 40 mins, i tried calling you but your phone was switched off.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
who is michelle??

at quad labs? thats not me i only take care of the labs in walluce wurth building and samuels
Ah.

Well I got warned by a guy named Steve. Coincidence? I think so.

Iruka

HSC
N/A
Morven Brown? The building that gives you cancer - best not to go there!!!

HSC
yo explain to us newfags why that building gives you cancer please :eek:

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
yo explain to us newfags why that building gives you cancer please :eek:
Go downstairs to the comp labs there and you might find out...

I remember when I was an arts student and I tried using the macs there 2 years ago. Then I realised the errors of my ways and fucked off back to the quad labs and away from the Morven Brown altogether...

Never to return.

nimbus2506

HSC
I would like to know the answer too. :)

Exactly how much is too much? I ask this because I've just discovered I can download podcasts on my ipod touch. Downloaded one or two of them about ~60mbs each. But say I wanted to download 10 of them. Thats 600mbs :)

Haha

So 'legal' downloading, what would the limit be?
I might ask tomorrow if I'm not busy and I remember.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)