Dr Pepper's "I had good ranks and screwed them with trials" Club (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
ohhh okay.. my family wanted to go on holidays with me around this time next year. So I probably shouldn't go then?
This time of year would be good because your trials are likely to be finished, and you'll want a break after them :)

before trials, depends on the timing and the length.

sky_angel

HSC
This time of year would be good because your trials are likely to be finished, and you'll want a break after them :)

before trials, depends on the timing and the length.
I think at my school, the big subjects like Maths, English, Biology, Physics or whatever have already finished, but the smaller subjects like Music 1 still have their compositions and performances.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I think at my school, the big subjects like Maths, English, Biology, Physics or whatever have already finished, but the smaller subjects like Music 1 still have their compositions and performances.
Whilst I do appreciate your enthusiasm to speak to other members, this thread is for people who feel that they didn't do as well in trials. I don't want to have this thread derail too much.

If you want to talk more about what could happen for you in Year 12, feel free to make a thread of your own =)

sky_angel

HSC
Whilst I do appreciate your enthusiasm to speak to other members, this thread is for people who feel that they didn't do as well in trials. I don't want to have this thread derail too much.

If you want to talk more about what could happen for you in Year 12, feel free to make a thread of your own =)
sorrryyyy :( ill make my own thread then.

Demise

HSC
Bloody stuffed up 2u getting 62%, thankfully my great scores in the school exams kept my rank close to the same, dropping only by 1 rank. FFS, better start studying considering I did none for my trials. :/

eja2000

HSC
Mmm..Only done English & Community Family Studies so far. Can't yet confirm the damage, but I'm suspecting a nasty hit to my rank. Especially in English. <.< ..DAMN YOU, HAMLET! :angryfire:

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Seriously from a place a love, you cannot be that uptight in Year 10. You will have a breakdown by Year 12 otherwise.

Yr 10 was a glorious year. No work, good marks. No study, and being able to well in the SC (which is now abolished). Just so much fun not doing any study. Good days.
I guess so. I just hope that the 10% exam doesn't prevent me from getting an A this semester :) I am quite confident with the 10% assignment though. It is only the exam I am concerned about. I wonder if anyone else gets these bad exam days.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Yes trials for most people are way more crammed than actual HSC. Also many people haven't even finished the course at school, and are only just learning things that are in the trials like the day before. Also if your school is mean like mine, you have assessments to do only 2-3 weeks before trials, seriously cutting into trial prep. Like I have 4 assessments the first week of this term.

But trials were probs more stressful for me cause I was overseas for over 3 weeks and also have a major project due the end of this week...
Why do schools do that? :(

unLimitieDx

HSC
I think its part of board of studies that your teachers cant give you an assessment task one week prior to the exam so what teachers usually do is give it first week

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I think its part of board of studies that your teachers cant give you an assessment task one week prior to the exam so what teachers usually do is give it first week
Yeah that's to do with it, my school has a policy for no assessments X days before trials, but it still means they are close to the trials and a lot of them right at the start of term.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Yeah that's to do with it, my school has a policy for no assessments X days before trials, but it still means they are close to the trials and a lot of them right at the start of term.
Thanks!

jnney

lemon
HSC
im so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so scared

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Just arrived back from the fugue everyone here is going to be rich!

Valentino25

HSC
N/A
English is now completely screwed and may be not even be salvageable now.
Rest should be okay.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Jnney if your ranks have dropped, we all should be more scared than you.

Btw, your dp is so cute nowadays!
haha, that's too flattering ! i just hope that it'll be okay.

i really like the quote in your sig :)

Aysce

HSC
all my ranks are going to drop after trials
You'll be fine! :)

Got some results back today:

Still 1st in 3u, 3rd in 4u. Yay and :/. Gonna try to hopefully destroy the hsc for 4u but easier said than done....

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha thanks jnney, I kept using it whenever kids asked about their subject selections so I decided to put it in my signature.

And Aysce, NICE man! I'll be happy to come 5th in 2U maths if I can :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)