Dr Pepper's "I had good ranks and screwed them with trials" Club (1 Viewer)

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
I don't do trials yet but I did horribly in my commerce exam today. We had to do a research task at home (10% weighting) and an exam - essay (10%). I am not too concerned about the assignment but I did horribly in the exam - I just know it. I blanked out and I had no idea what to write at times so I ended up not writing more than 1.75 pages when most people did at least 2 pages. I studied for this exam and it just didn't pay off this time :(

I really hope they don't stop me from doing economics next year.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I don't do trials yet but I did horribly in my commerce exam today. We had to do a research task at home (10% weighting) and an exam - essay (10%). I am not too concerned about the assignment but I did horribly in the exam - I just know it. I blanked out and I had no idea what to write at times so I ended up not writing more than 1.75 pages when most people did at least 2 pages. I studied for this exam and it just didn't pay off this time :(

I doubt many schools would judge whether of not you can do Eco due to a subject like Commerce.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad

No it won't honestly, eco and commerce are not the same at all. Personally I slept during 9 +10 Commerce and it was by far my best subject, but it didn't correlate to eco. Honestly it doesn't help eco at all really. Eco's so much more theoretical and logic based. You're so lucky to be in Yr 10 where these things only count for a Yr 10 report. There's still two years for you to hone exam technique.

At least you didn't blank like me on a chem exam for writing a really simple equation cause you forget a really common compounds formula haha

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
Hsc is all a mental game

50% of ur marks are dependent on your attitude, confidence and positivity

Half ur paper is therefore done before u even enter the room

Last edited:

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
I doubt many schools would judge whether of not you can do Eco due to a subject like Commerce.
No it won't honestly, eco and commerce are not the same at all. Personally I slept during 9 +10 Commerce and it was by far my best subject, but it didn't correlate to eco. Honestly it doesn't help eco at all really. Eco's so much more theoretical and logic based. You're so lucky to be in Yr 10 where these things only count for a Yr 10 report. There's still two years for you to hone exam technique.

At least you didn't blank like me on a chem exam for writing a really simple equation cause you forget a really common compounds formula haha
Thank you :) Good to know that I probably will be able to do economics next year. For now, I'll have to try harder for all my subjects.

Pfortune35

HSC
happened to me was coming first (in 2u) by like 2 percent, now im behind in 5th by like 3% with no more assessments

Cl324

HSC
N/A
They really only place requirements for extension subjects. 0.25 of a page in year 10 shouldnt stress you out. You probably did fine!

nifkeh

HSC
anyone can do whatever prelim subject they like next year, there are no barriers. so anyone who hasn't done commerce in yr9/10 won't be barred from doing eco. btw eco is concerned about the economy and the labour market than some of the stuff they cover in yr 9 & 10 commerce so it's kinda different. I doubt your school would care about your commerce performance because in year 11 you have the freedom to choose whatever subjects you like :)

nifkeh

HSC
talking about trials.. I screwed my IPT one last year though lol. Though I had redeemed myself in the external by a 9 mark increase :D

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
talking about trials.. I screwed my IPT one last year though lol. Though I had redeemed myself in the external by a 9 mark increase :D
This are great stories for past HSCers to share how they managed to get way better in externals than their internal mark :)

Cyclamatic

HSC
N/A
Perfect thread. So is this the place I go to when I want to hate myself?

All my hope is on External now.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Hey nifkeh, been a while. How are you and how is your brother?

Nice work!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Perfect thread. So is this the place I go to when I want to hate myself?

All my hope is on External now.
Yep if you so wish. This thread is a place to vent, find resolve, whatever floats your boat.

So let me introduce to you
The one and only Cyclamatic
To Dr. Pepper's Failing Trials Thread

Cyclamatic

HSC
N/A
You guys are my people. Let's eat comfort food and get fat together.

Also, I vote no one who did well in the trials can stay here. I don't need your positivity ):<

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
They really only place requirements for extension subjects. 0.25 of a page in year 10 shouldnt stress you out. You probably did fine!
I hope so! :) I was told that I shouldn't worry about it though since it is only 10% Does anyone agree?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)