Drama essays!! (1 Viewer)

dannyo1

HSC
Gday everyone - no idea how many of you fine people do/did HSC drama but my god these essays are so wacky. It's like a weird combo of play reviews, experiential learning, quotes... almost like a module b essay for English but with a slight hint of dementia.

Anybody have any advice/structures/words of encouragement? Both of my performances are like band 6 but they're moderated against our essays this year cos of COVID so ya boy is stressing out, the drama board on here didn't have shit lol.

moriamsdubu

HSC
i do drama and honestly i just treat it like english:lite and my teachers seem to gobble it up LOL

honestly my advice is just make sure you constantly refer to the question, and that your experiential learning is actually relevant and specific (you can make it up in the exam they can't know if it's true or not) so if you don't have any that you've actually done - just make it up ahahah

dannyo1

HSC
i do drama and honestly i just treat it like english:lite and my teachers seem to gobble it up LOL

honestly my advice is just make sure you constantly refer to the question, and that your experiential learning is actually relevant and specific (you can make it up in the exam they can't know if it's true or not) so if you don't have any that you've actually done - just make it up ahahah
Thank you my friend I'll listen to that advice. Tbh there is a serious lack of advice on how to write good drama essays... I guess it's usually less important but this year if my essays are shit then my performance marks are also shit I hate covid bruh 😭

moriamsdubu

HSC
Thank you my friend I'll listen to that advice. Tbh there is a serious lack of advice on how to write good drama essays... I guess it's usually less important but this year if my essays are shit then my performance marks are also shit I hate covid bruh 😭
yeah a lot of people who take drama don't really care for the theory component so there isn't many resources on it :<<
it's not so bad once you get into the groove of it, i typically structure my paragraphs by my main point, the example from the text/practitioner, my experiential learning and then some mumbo jumbo about the influence it has on the audience/actor.
i think it's a lot easier than english because you can write in first person, so it's essentially like a more detailed and structured logbook entry imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)