Drama hsc ip 2010 (1 Viewer)

enipeus

HSC
N/A
hello people,
i am in need of assistance

for my individual project i am doing costume design and i chose the text, The Rhinoceros by Eugene Ionesco. for costume i dont know the exptectations and i dunno what i need to do, im kinda lost. umm the text i chose its based mainly on absurdism. can someone please break down what absurdism really means? please? cause its kinda weird

:snowman:

rogga

HSC
yes absurdism is weird im doing a directors folio on rhinoceros
umm this is from my notes hope it helps

Non-realism- theatre of the absurd

The theatre of the absurd is the name given to a particular number of mostly European plays and playwrights from the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s, from their work a distinct style of theatre evolved in to what we now call “the theatre of the absurd”. These plays are based around the broad theme of absurdity, The “Absurd” in these plays takes the form of
-man’s reaction to a world apparently without meaning
- Man as a puppet controlled
-menaced by an invisible outside force
Theatre of the absurd’s plays follow similar characteristics, for example characters caught in hopeless situations are forced to do repetitive or meaningless actions, dialogue which is full of clichés, wordplay, and nonsense, plots that are cyclical or absurdly expansive which either a parody or dismissals of realism and the concept of the "well-made play". Most absurdist plays are ‘tragicomedy’ and are highly experimental with their use of dramatic and theatrical techniques, absurd in that they focus not on logical acts, realistic occurrences, or traditional character development. Instead, focusing on how human beings cope in an incomprehensible world subject to any occurrence, no matter how illogical. The theme of incomprehensibility is coupled with the inadequacy of language to form meaningful human connections. Absurdist drama asks its viewer to "draw his own conclusions, make his own errors", with Absurdist plays having their own unique absurd take on character, plot and language.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Also keep in mind that absurdism is not an artistic movement, it is a school of thought. The playwrights did not not write as part of a movement. They simply were labelled with a common tag, as they used similiar techniques to portray similiar ideologies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)