drama major works (1 Viewer)

kazziiee

class of 2010 : )
HSC
hey

i want to start looking for an indo for my drama major work.
i sort of want something modern (i.e. NO shakespeare)
but does anyone have any advice on where i can look for some ideas?

sj1990

HSC
I feel extremely stupid, but what is an indo? Individual Project? Monologue? "Idea" spelt wrong?

I'm guessing you want ideas for a monologue ... What kind of character would you play? What theatre style? What are your strengths/weaknesses? These all need to be addressed prior to picking a monologue.

If I were you though, I would start reading plays - lots of plays that interest you ... and don't just read modern, read some classics as well so you have a well-rounded idea of what is out there.

Also, have you thought of any alternatives. Are you doing performance because its your strength? Or are you doing performance because your teacher tells you to/everyone else is/it seems like an easy way out? I would, if I were you, seriously take a look at all of your options ... read the syllabus ... also incorporate the strengths of your other subjects, for example, if you do art, or textiles, maybe you would be better suited to costume design, or if you ace creative writing in english, maybe script writing or director's folio would hold your interest more.

Finally, there is a small theatre shop in the City.... from memory I think its on Pitt street. On the upper floors of one of the buildings. Look it up on google, but take a trip out. It's expensive, but its the biggest selection of plays/monologues all your theatre needs that you'll find out there.

Hope this helps.

Aeriff

HSC
If you're doing any of the Design IPs; Myth, Propaganda and Disaster is probably the most modern and topical piece on the list. It's what I did for Program & Promotion.

Disregard this if the text list changes for next year's HSC.. I have a feeling it does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)