• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Drama Rationale? (1 Viewer)

Nadia_

Nadia
HSC
Hi, i have to complete my rationale for my IP by next thursday and i have no idea what is required in it! could somebody please help me out?

thanks a bunch x0x0

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Have you checked the boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au syllabus for drama? In there it should have all the stuff you're supposed to have in this rationale.

Out of my limited, untried, 4Unit rationale-wisdom here's a few things I'd have:

- What you intend to do
- What changes you've made since your original concept
- What designers/scripts/stage-effects have helped you in coming up with your design
- What dramatists/fashion designers have helped you

As I said, the syllabus with the actual points should be on the boardofstudies website.

HSC
i had to make up a log book at the end of a performane last year and i was as lost as you.

just wright the process you went through in a diray format.

eg,

12/3/05

we read 7 stages in class today and it gave me a mad idea. they had a massive block of ice suspended by 7 wires from the roof and it was melting the whole time. i thought that if i make a chair out of ice it would look so kool. it would also show the wasting away of my character. im going to ask my teacher, mr kissmy ass, if its a good idea.

13/3/05

i talked to sir today and he reminded me that i have to sit in that chair for most of my act and that i was only wearing my speedos so i would catch a cold. i might use the ice somewhere else.........

something like that. good luck!! :)

(p.s. not a real extract from my logbook, im not stupid, just bored. lol)
:)

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
GlobalOperation said:
13/3/05

i talked to sir today and he reminded me that i have to sit in that chair for most of my act and that i was only wearing my speedos so i would catch a cold. i might use the ice somewhere else.........
LMFAO!!!! Sorry, I found that hilarious.... How important are our logs anyways???

Nadia_

Nadia
HSC
thanks

thanks a whole lot!! i just finished my rationale then and printed it off. doesnt it feel great to finally print off something you have been dreading?!
i think the logbooks amount to a lot by the end of the year, but they really arent that hard to fill out. do you know we need AT LEAST one entry a week? yeah right! oh well, us humans are good at making things up, it doesnt all have to be completely true!......extract from my logbook--->

'Suddenly i have so many ideas that i cant wait to use
in my piece! the fact that it is expressionistic and not
realistic is going to make this piece a lot of fun to work
with!'

yeah right...im just awaiting the day with anticipation that i hand in that heavy logbook that has been breaking my back for weeks in my backpack!
on that note, good luck students of 05, drama is going to be a tough one!
peace.

x0x0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)