Drawing the human head? (1 Viewer)

Cellie

HSC
Does any-one know of any website/s that have illustrations of drawing the human head/faces??? One that shows the structure of constructing the head....

Thanks.

soso

HSC
N/A
try www.aaart.tv

choose carefully, some drawing is bad and is taught as good drawing. Look up the top of the site for whats new and down thw bottom in teaching prompts

winicat

HSC
oh! oh! lecture finally comes in handy lol ... Charles LeBrun did studies of different expressions, etc (there's a whole book of them lol) if you look him up, it'll prob help. also, don't snub junior drawing books (ie. beginner's guides) because they're really useful sources :D

HSC
N/A
winicat said:
also, don't snub junior drawing books (ie. beginner's guides) because they're really useful sources :D
Yeah I agree, all those titles like 'Anyone Can Draw' 'Learn to Draw Anything' etc always have a section on drawing people and -> the human head. They mainly talk about proportions and drawing from different angles, and they sometimes have a page dedicated to each facial feature (eyes, mouth, nose etc)
Because they're beginners books everything is simple, straight forward and full of examples - so they could probably be of some help to you. :)

I'd say they'd just be in the general 'art' section of your local library, you can pick them up pretty cheap from bookstores and the book section at places like Big W though.

soso

HSC
N/A
Hi Cellie,

Did you find what you wanted? What would you recommend?

Cellie

HSC
soso said:
try www.aaart.tv

choose carefully, some drawing is bad and is taught as good drawing. Look up the top of the site for whats new and down thw bottom in teaching prompts
thanks, i checked it out and it was helpful but yeah i might try something else though....

thanks hey!

Cellie

HSC
yeah and oh - i should start with those beginer books as well but ihavent gotten around to goin to the library though - which i will - lol.

and "Charles LeBrun" i looked him up and i cant see anyhting to do with faces and such :S sorry....but thanks

i've also mastered how to draw faces fron on but i dont know how to draw faces and such from different angles just yet, i can sort of do it but i take forever lol.

thanks!

el-salvador

i found this book completely helpful
it covers the basics well, and you cant draw anything without knowing the basics/..best way to draw face in different angles is to think of it as a sphere and the features in perspective and the loomis book teaches u that...
so yea it should help i think oh yea and dont forget to practice those skulls that are there they will help too i think.

http://www.fineart.sk/index.php?s=16&cat=14

Cellie

HSC
yeah, i checked out Andrew Loomis's work on Drawing the Head and Hands and its briiliant.

its really good.

lol. i dont know whether his books are easy to get coz i want to buy it....

thanks heaps :D

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
maybe at this stage we should just all start artmaking...it doesn't have to be anatomically correct, it just has to be in existance...start focusing on the physical and not the theoretical aspects of your bow.

Cellie

HSC
yeah, this isnt just for my bow...its also my interest - i'm construsting something else that doesnt coincide with school related stuff...

but yeah thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)