Driver Knowledge Test (1 Viewer)

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Hey,
I'm gonna be doing my DKT Test very soon and I'm freaking scared that I won't pass.
I've been doing the practice ones from the online DKT as offered by the RTA..I heard that the practice ones are the ones in the actual DKT Test. Is that true?

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Hey,
I'm gonna be doing my DKT Test very soon and I'm freaking scared that I won't pass.
I've been doing the practice ones from the online DKT as offered by the RTA..I heard that the practice ones are the ones in the actual DKT Test. Is that true?

Yess they are the ones in the actual DKT test, i've heard from my friends.

I need to go for mine also....:(

been a lil lazy~

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
yes theyre the same.

do 5 or so and if u pass 'em all ull be right.

remember to read the question and take ur time if umust.

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Oh my god...that makes me feel a lot more relaxed. I keep on having fears that new qns which I don't know will pop up and I'll fail...><
Do you need to book the RTA test or can you just show up? How much is the fee? $70?

dux&src

HSC
Oh my god...that makes me feel a lot more relaxed. I keep on having fears that new qns which I don't know will pop up and I'll fail...><
Do you need to book the RTA test or can you just show up? How much is the fee? $70?
You need to book. You can book in person or online.
The fee is $32 an attempt i believe and $20 when you pass and get your license.

good luck and i should actually study for mine too!

dux&src

HSC
Can you just turn up to the RTA and get the test done? No booking?
Well i don't think so but why not .. since you might be going to RTA to book why not ask if they can sit you down and make you complete the DKT right then and there.

But i don't think that'll happen so just book.
you can book online too!

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
Well i don't think so but why not .. since you might be going to RTA to book why not ask if they can sit you down and make you complete the DKT right then and there.

But i don't think that'll happen so just book.
you can book online too!

I think they like you to book beforehand. I don't know how it is for the DKT but for the later tests you have to book in advance.

dux&src

HSC
I think they like you to book beforehand. I don't know how it is for the DKT but for the later tests you have to book in advance.
Yeah i thought so.

@ fire flame

You can book online it's quick and simple:D

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
i got told not to bother booking for the dkt. i was at the rta before my 16th and asked to book and the rta lady just said to turn up.

also, if you can, try to read the book, there's an online version, and i think that there's a complete list of questions somewhere also. i did it just by practice tests and failed my l's first time because i came up against some obscure rule in the part where you couldn't get any wrong. i passed my p's first time, so it's not as if i'm some crappy driver who doesn't know the road rules, it was just bad luck that i hadn't seen the q before.

that's my advice anyway. good luck!!

Last edited:

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
i shall look for you in the morning, on my phone and it's the biggest pain in the ass to multitask on haha.

are you already sixteen? because you should study for it well this weekend and go for your l's on tues, that way it's out of the way for when you go back to school. just a suggestion =]].

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
okay, go to the rta website and click on licensing. then at the bottom there's three boxes. in the middle box, click on Driver Knowledge Test. then on the right there's a little box, near the top, and the first option is DKT questions. then scroll down and click car.

sorry i can't give you an exact URL! hope this helps. =]].

danz90

HSC
you don't really need to book, just go into the RTA and say you'd like to do a DKT.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
yeh that list of all the questions is great.
there's like, 600, but it's worth reading through them.
i did, and passed first go.
my brother failed twice, i made him read the list, and he passed :)

N

NeoSanity

it's a piece of piss. I did mine November 08 and didn't study or anything.. it's sooooo damn easy. As long as you have a general knowledge of the road you'll be fine. I didn't need any stupid books or pracitce tests.

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Hahaha...I got my pretty liscence. I showed up at RTA....
Me: I haven't done a booking, but can I still do it?
Lady at the counter: I'm sorry but you're supposed to book and today's really busy....
Me: I flash her one of my most heart broken puppy eyed looks ever...and I say 'Oh really...'
Lady (Flustered at my sadness): Well, I think I can sort of squeeze you in, darling...

Oh yeah!!! XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)