Anyone done the test at Hornsby?

Any tips? where did they take you?

Replies asap would be great as im taking it tomorrow :S:S:S

fatmuscle

HSC
watch the roundabouts at Sherbrook and Bridge Roads

The 3 point turn is normally near the Hospital side

If you're going at school times, WATCH YOUR SPEED LIMIT

when you're on bridge road heading towards the RTA/Firestation, make sure you're in the LEFT lane, and after you pass Jersey Streeth (north), SIGNAL RIGHT to switch lanes to turn back into the RTA

Hill start - I did mine on Gardenia St? near Hyacinth St in Asquith

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
fatmuscle said:
watch the roundabouts at Sherbrook and Bridge Roads
hmmm...that looks strange...is it to like stuck together?

The 3 point turn is normally near the Hospital side
Cool.

If you're going at school times, WATCH YOUR SPEED LIMIT
:S
Better be careful.

when you're on bridge road heading towards the RTA/Firestation, make sure you're in the LEFT lane, and after you pass Jersey Streeth (north), SIGNAL RIGHT to switch lanes to turn back into the RTA
made that mistake today when I went to have a look.

Hill start - I did mine on Gardenia St? near Hyacinth St in Asquith
Cool. Thanks heaps.

mr_brightside

HSC
brogan77 said:
Where's my funny story, boy?
Okay, its not comical, more annoying and strange.

I walk out with RTA guy get in the car, whilst he checks my blinkers. He then yells out for me to put the brakes on. I do so. He repeats his request. I say "I am."

Turns out BOTH brake lights were out. JUST AS I GO TO DO MY FUCKING TEST.
So he rescheduled it for tomorrow at Hornsby.

I was so peeved at the time, floored it out of the driveway, whilst my mum was saying "caaaaaaaaaaaalm DOWN".

mr_brightside

HSC
brogan77 said:
Yeah, they're massively inept up there.
Perhaps.

Or that it could have been that I forgot to fill in the totals in my logbook and he was peeved off at me.

Sasukekun

HSC
lol same thing happened to me, i did mine at Beverly Hills though. My left back brake light didnt work >_< so lucky it wasnt instant fail and got it scheduled to another time for free.
Anyway, I got my Ps recently this is what u need to keep in mind:

- when exiting roundabouts make sure u indicate to the left for a sec or two then turn it off... even if u go straight and turn right u need to do that
- after u do the kerbside stop(meaning u turn the whole car off and start it up again), turn on ur blinker for 5 secs then go...during that 5 secs just check ur mirrors n blind spots
- stop at STOP sign for 3 secs...then go...beware of the STOP sign outside the RTA!
- make sure u hav a lot of oberservation ie check mirrors frequently and whenever ur changing lanes check blind spot

and GL!! :)

Last edited:

mr_brightside

HSC
I hate that indicating out of roundabouts thing, especially if there is noone there.
curbside stop 5 secs....got it...

fatmuscle

HSC
Sherbrook and Bridge Roads Roundabouts.
They're 2 close together.

I should've written the driving test route down.

oooh, here's another one. Fredrick St.
Steep downhill. WATCH YOUR SPEED HERE.

I did my test over 5years ago, so hopefully things haven't changed much

Good Luck.

Sasukekun

HSC
oh and try get there a bit early and do a lil drive around if u kno the route...if not then just practice ur reverse parallel parking, 3pt turns and kerbside stop. Trust me, it helps :) unless ur a pro already and confident lol.

Pace_T

HSC
Remember that there is a limit to how much you can prepare.
I remember doing my test at the RTA where all of my friends did it (it's the only one reasonably close to us.) The prick made me go through a route I didn't even think they could test you on. It was to places I've never even been before!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
You should be confident enough to drive any route and that it shouldn't matter if he takes you on a different route, after all in real life you can go anyway and not just the same expected route. I should know because when I did my test it was a route I have never been but I was fine my instructor nor friends told me any RTA routes and I was fine with that…

Good luck for this afternoon mr brightside!

Jiga

Yeah but going by the route you take before hand does help alittle, like I had to do my reverse parking etc right where I had practiced before the test :)

The main thing I would say to do is drive really slow and like a granny, that way they wont be so harsh on you because they will think you are some nice little safe driver.... but if you speed or even look like speeding they will immediately pass you off as some hothead and mark more harshly. Like in my test, I thought I would fail because I fucked up big time like twice (well at least by my standards), but I recon because I drove really calmly and heaps slow when it came to the 50/50 decisions I got the benefit of the doubt.

fatmuscle

HSC
actually, driving good comes with a lot of experience.
unless you really drive everywhere on your L's, it's hard to drive well in any environment when going on for your P's.

Being familiar with a route will definitely help.
You know the area, you know the lanes, lights, crossings, etc

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Definately know the area really well, when i did mine I almost killed like 5 people on a traffic light pedestrian cross i didn't know existed! (The tree branches obscuring the light didn't help either, but the lady that was testing me was cool and started bitching about public safety and trees coving signs etc!

Note: do not go too slow as some instructors will think you are very inexperienced and will be a danger on the roads (ie. road rage at slow drivers)

mr_brightside

HSC
FUCK THE RTA AND THERE FUCKEN STOP SIGNS.

If it wasnt for that stupid stop sign in the car park, id be cruising around on my own at this moment.

7th Sign

HSC
mr_brightside said:
FUCK THE RTA AND THERE FUCKEN STOP SIGNS.

If it wasnt for that stupid stop sign in the car park, id be cruising around on my own at this moment.

lol stupid mistake...

didn't you go with a instructor thats liek the first thing they tell you to look out for...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)