driving test? (1 Viewer)

chomp

HSC
i have no idea what forum to put this in soo i put it in here when does it change to a 40 min test 3rd november or 3rd december ?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
You should've posted this in the cars & automobiles forum

The new rule applies from December of this year. :)

genril

Banned
HSC
Are you shitting me? I have to drive around with an RTA clown in my car for 40mins?

Awesome.

Foxodi

HSC
Heh :( I live in the Central coast...
Booked my 3rd test attempt for middle of november lol.... (no its serious, the first time I went I should have passed, EVERYTHING was perfect but I was failed because I kept the foot above the clutch -.-)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
When i did the DART - The tester told me that the new test is 45 minutes because they test your driving ability in your local area + the nearest motorway.

Good luck to all those who do the DART in Dec. :)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Shit. I should really get my Ps soon eh.

But I'm going to fail anyway, there wouldn't be much point :(

Pace_T

HSC
Foxodi said:
Heh :( I live in the Central coast...
Booked my 3rd test attempt for middle of november lol.... (no its serious, the first time I went I should have passed, EVERYTHING was perfect but I was failed because I kept the foot above the clutch -.-)
wtf thats stupid. i drive like that all the time in case if i gotta downshift quick or whatever. coincidently the first time today i actually put it on the foot rest and it felt fucking homo lol

Black Hawker

HSC
Jachie said:
Shit. I should really get my Ps soon eh.

But I'm going to fail anyway, there wouldn't be much point :(
Why do you say that?

Have you got 50 hours?

Just book it and try. Otherwise you would fail even more if you wait longer...

collide

HSC
No way :| 40 mins driving test?
I'm getting my ps prob december-jan. I thought I escaped the new rules since I got my Ls before that 120 hrs thing LOL.

Jachie

HSC
Black Hawker said:
Why do you say that?

Have you got 50 hours?

Just book it and try. Otherwise you would fail even more if you wait longer...
I've got my hours, but I'm still a terrible and unconfident driver. Not to mention the fact that I haven't driven more than five kilometres in about two or so months.

Going for my Ps now would be stupid and a waste of money, time and effort.

Pace_T

HSC
Jachie said:
I've got my hours, but I'm still a terrible and unconfident driver. Not to mention the fact that I haven't driven more than five kilometres in about two or so months.

have you seen some of the asians on our roads mang? if they can get their licenses im sure you can too!

CieL

HSC
Jachie said:

I guess if you hardly drive it doesn't make much of a difference whether you get your provisional licence or not

lala2

Banned
HSC
^^That's true. I've only driven thrice by myself since I got my red Ps abotu 2.5 months ago so it isn't really necessary. Having said that, I reckon it's good to get your licence asap just so that you don't rush to get your licence when you need it (probably looking here at after uni graduation) and more and more restrictions are being put into place so if you want the easy way out, sooner the better.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Ah fuck. I turn 17 in January. I got my L's in Jan. and have to wait a whole damn year ! DAMMIT! =(

Jachie

HSC
CieL said:
I guess if you hardly drive it doesn't make much of a difference whether you get your provisional licence or not
Well, I don't not drive out of choice. Once we get a new second car I'll be able to get back behind the wheel more frequently.

Pace_T said:
have you seen some of the asians on our roads mang? if they can get their licenses im sure you can too!
hahaha, secellent point :eek:

Last edited:

mudcake42

HSC
I'm going for my P's on the 9th of November, and then if I fail that (which i wont!) I have another go to get them before the new rules!

Keepleft

HSC
N/A
The additional time isn't that bad people, had a few put through it up here on the NSW CC.

NEW "Road Users Handbook" including the latest NSW P rule changes is available from the link below, you can save this to your PC, its Pdf and 4.1mb in size.

I suggest a read and read again:-
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/downloads/2007_10ruh_english.pdf

I expect another update to RUH mid 2008-9 as new Australian Road Rule amendments are adopted into NSW.

Other RUH languages available from the RTA website under 'Publications' from the home page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)