Drop chemistry (1 Viewer)

mjones14

HSC
I'm really not interested in chemistry anymore, and my teacher can be an absolute bitch. But I'm good at it (when I apply myself)

But if I drop I'm left with no other science-like subjects apart from 3U Maths.

And if I drop, I'm down to 10 units it just adds that extra time to relax and focus on my two major works.

Thoughts?

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
do you think you will pick the motivation up sooner?
if not, then drop it

look mate, i don't do any science and I'm fine.
more time to relax + time for other subjects is definitely a bonus you gain from dropping.

mjones14

HSC
I don't think the motivation will be there. our teacher is here about 50% of the time, otherwise we're left with some old man who retired 6 yrs ago and who blabbers about nothing.

its not a matter of doing no science. its that there are all these humanities subjects with 3U maths just sitting there. it just seems odd to me.

ice-eternity

HSC
LOL it doesn't matter how 'odd' your subjects can seem to other ppl, do what you love and what ur good at and who cares what others think? You shouldn't keep something just because it makes your subjects seem more 'normal', if you really hate it then just drop it rather than waste time on a subject that just seems painful to you.

On the other hand, if you find that you just don't like it because you have a bad teacher rather than because you hate that actual subject, don't let that stop you. I was in the same position actually, i considered dropping chem at the end of year 11 becos my teacher really wasn't too crash hot and thus i didnt actually understand anything, but then i decided to get tutoring and actually ended up coming 1st in my grade and loving chem lol. I dunno if your considering tutoring or where you live (i live right near Girraween High School, which is where i went and ive just finished the hsc actually) but i offer chem, eng and bio tutoring for $25/hour. And if not u can totally email me at gsilver11@hotmail.com if you just need some help on some chem questions, im totally happy to help.

Just remember that you shouldn't keep a subject if you really don't like it, i knew heaps of ppl who took 10 units and chances are theyre going to do really well, so dont worry about that as long as your confident in your 10 units it really shoudnt be anything to worry about.

Good luck!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)