Drop EXT 1 maths? (1 Viewer)

Frostbitten

HSC
I have my half yearlies coming up, panicking like crazy. Im pretty sure I want to do a commerce degree at uni, is it a requirement to have ext 1 or would I be fine on mathematics? I also find ext 1 work pretty intense compared the the rest on my subjects, its takes a lot of time in caparison to the rest and I'm overall just not sure how bad it would affect my ATAR of future uni education if I dropped it.

Nws m8

Banned
HSC
Uni Grad
Commerce doesn't have much math at the start, but later when you do accounting subject, there will be a lot of math ..

DON'T DROP ext 1 ! :)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
If MX1 is causing your other subjects to weaken then you should really consider it I guess....

Ultimately, you're probably wanting to maximise your ATAR so yeah.

(MX1's scaling is a benefit but if its harming your other subjects then it cancels out so in the end, it's not really a benefit)

Dan895

HSC
Uni Grad
Just do it for the knowledge and don't worry about the mark. If you're worried about uni maths. So don't drop imo

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
If you are doing 11 units, then don't really focus on maths at all. Just use it as general knowledge, since it wont count after all.

Capt Rifle

HSC
or just turn the table around and smash ext 1 in the trials and hsc lol

HSC
assumed knowledge for commerce is 2 unit maths for every uni so u can drop if you want

funnytomato

HSC
assumed knowledge for commerce is 2 unit maths for every uni so u can drop if you want
+1

If you find mx1 REALLY time consuming, do drop it

But it does scale quite well, you don't necessarily have to be able to do everything to get a decent scaled mark

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
If MX1 is causing your other subjects to weaken then you should really consider it I guess....

Ultimately, you're probably wanting to maximise your ATAR so yeah.

(MX1's scaling is a benefit but if its harming your other subjects then it cancels out so in the end, it's not really a benefit)
dat canceling out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)