Drop to general or no? (1 Viewer)

torylearn

HSC
N/A
So we've got our recent assesement marks back for (2u) on functions and trig, and i just scraped a pass.
Should i consider dropping as a higher mark in general would be more beneficial towards my atar?

Joshmosh2

HSC
Aim for a good 2u mark, there is still plenty of time to improve and refine your skills

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I suggest you stick with 2 Unit Mathematics until the end of the Preliminary Year (i.e. The end of this term) to see if your marks increase

If you find yourself getting consistently low marks and show no improvement by the end of this term then I suggest you drop down to general as it will be more beneficial towards your ATAR :D

Axio

=o
HSC
Whilst if you are going to general, the sooner you go down the better (catch-up wise). However like everyone else I think that there is plenty of time for improvement and it isn't as if you failed the test either.

DepressedPenguino

HSC
I agree with all the comments above. Stay in 2u and see how you perform. Try hard and good luck : D

torylearn

HSC
N/A
If i decide to drop 2u at the end of the prelim year would that leave me a huge disadvantage?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
If i decide to drop 2u at the end of the prelim year would that leave me a huge disadvantage?
No way, it would give you a huge advantage. Just take a look at the Gen Maths HSC paper and see how piss easy most of the questions are and you'll want to drop.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
You can always learn on the side on the concepts from prelim?

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
stick with 2u. just learn from ur mistakes. once you drop to general, its really hard to get back to 2u

torylearn

HSC
N/A
No way, it would give you a huge advantage. Just take a look at the Gen Maths HSC paper and see how piss easy most of the questions are and you'll want to drop.
Yeah looked up the paper, similar to year 9/10 work.

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Its all about hard work and dedication. Instead of asking BoSers if you should drop, do YOU think you have the motivation to top 2u?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)