• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Dropped engineering, now doing commerce, but physics finals (1 Viewer)

Amayataiyou

HSC
I dropped from doing engineering commerce to just commerce. But the problem is that my physics exam is tomorrow and i have a computing exam on thursday. I was just wondering that since I'm going to do just commerce, do i still need to pass those subjects as they are unrelated to commerce.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
No you don't. Unless you wanted to apply for credit and use them as electives in your new degree.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Take them as free electives OR gen eds for your new program. That way you can still finish your new program on time as if you started from the start of this year.

Also, what about your other courses this semester? Can you get a few more approved to the accreditation of your new program?

You should just try and pass these any way. Wouldn't hurt to get a bit of practice at the experience of finals and they also might all count towards the program you have transferred into.

Amayataiyou

HSC
I did engg1000, math1131, phys1121 and engg1811 this sem. The problem is that for phys and engg1811, i'm not confident that i will get decent marks in these, esp physics, credit at best. So its not compulsory to pass these subjects if they're not exactly related to my commerce degree?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I did engg1000, math1131, phys1121 and engg1811 this sem. The problem is that for phys and engg1811, i'm not confident that i will get decent marks in these, esp physics, credit at best. So its not compulsory to pass these subjects if they're not exactly related to my commerce degree?
http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2015/3502.html

You have 48 UoC of free electives. You could give it a shot any way so you don't end up regretting it later and having to do extra courses later on if you just want to finish uni and move on.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
They may not count towards your degree, but they will certainly count towards your WAM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)