Dropped from 2U? (1 Viewer)

raiders771

HSC
i dropped in term 3 last year since then havent looked back 1st exam i got 100% n allows me to study extra for other subjects

gowerrules

HSC
I dropped to general and trust me, even though people say it is easy it really isn't. I was one of the kids that dropped and figured I'd walk through it, but then my results came in lol :eek:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i dropped :D and it was the best thing i ever did. i was dying in 2u. and for those people who do 3 and 4u and look down on us for taking the easy version, well, bleh to you...we're not all smart in the same way after all. i dont laugh at people who do standard english even though i do 3u...

rama_v

HSC
STITCHtheBITCH said:
And for those of you that are concerned abotu dropping for 2unit i nregards to scaleing...some that does general maths can still achieve an HSC result well over 90...!!!! so why not....DROP DOWN FROM 2U
I strongly urge people NOT to drop from 2 unit if they intend to do a science/enginnering degree at university. You may think that 2 unit is too hard or that general maths is a bludge and hence will ease your workload, but come uni time, you will really struggle, because in most uni maths courses, basic calculus is assumed knowledge, and lecturers won't wait for people who can't integrate and differentiate simple functions, or change the subjcect of an equation for that matter.

vern

HSC
I dropped from 2u right around when we where finding out second deriatives etc it helped alot. I worked not as hard at general maths but I did keep up my homework and ended up getting 97 in the HSC for it.

Like with any maths, if you don't do it you won't be good at it. You might not need to do as many questions (compared to 2u maths) too drill the concept, but you laze around and face dodgy marks.

Laids

HSC
i actually chose general maths at the start of year 11, but was put into extension, stayed their for about 2 months, then dropped to 2 unit, where i was planning on staying, but my teacher didnt like me and kept trying to get rid of me so i dropped to general at start of year 12. im actually glad i did, cos i wanted a subject where i could bludge a lil, ive been in general for two terms now, and have barely done a thing in class since i dropped down, and im still getting 90% and topping the year at my school. turns out most the work is stuff u do in year 9 and ten, and their is nothing to worry about dropping down to general this late. In fact, my brother who is also in yr 12 this year only just dropped to general from 2 unit today.

kiwi

HSC
thinking of droping 2u

Im in yr 11 & im giving some serrious consideration to giving 2u the flick. first i wanna no the pros & cons so i can make a fairly informed decision before i do something stupid.

Does doing general affect you UAI? would have to be my largest concern.

Any input ?

lala2

Banned
HSC
Re: thinking of droping 2u

Look at this table:

http://www.uac.edu.au/pubs/pdf/2005-Table-A1.pdf

As you can see, the top UAI for General MAths was 99.65. That lucky person may be a minority, but if you do well, no amount of scaling is gonna pull it down dramatically

I personally did 3U, so I can't offer any more advice other than the question about Gen Maths' effect on UAI.

JamesKent

HSC
Re: thinking of droping 2u

Umm okay this has been abit discouraging but Ive been going fairly decently in 2U without doing alot of work but I dropped down to general today (I havent had a class yet). Im aware that its rediculously late haha (3 weeks after the half yearlys). Okay its a long thread and I havent read it all but I was just wondering from anyone who has finished the hsc if it's do-able, I figure since ive been doing decently in 2U that I should be able to kill general but now im not so sure?

yourowndisaster

HSC
i dropped.
the best decision of my life.
topping the class.

life is sweet as

haha.

xoxo

good luck

xxlambchopxx

HSC
i dropped from 3U to general; cos i was absolutely failing (20% in the yearlys) and i found most of the course pretty easy, except for annuities.
i think i'm alot better off for dropping though

lindataylor

HSC
dropping from 2u was the best decision ever.
i was totally failing 2u - i got 30% in an exam, so after year 11 i dropped to general. the only problem was figuring out the prelim stuff but its not hard. people just find it har cos they don't read the question or bother studying because even though it is general and it is a lot simpler than 2u but its different maths so you need to make ur brain recognise different concepts.
But yeah dropping to general is great – topping my class – 3<SUP>rd</SUP> in my year, sitting the HSC exam soon and pumped for it!
We’re all gonna get 100% lol
(and to think in yr 10 i considered doing 3u ahahaha)

gamecw

HSC
well im doin 4u, one day, this friend of mine offered me a question from general maths, i had no clue how to start... and i didnt do too well in 2unit either... i guess im just beta at 3u n 4u...

xxlambchopxx

HSC
gamecw said:
well im doin 4u, one day, this friend of mine offered me a question from general maths, i had no clue how to start... and i didnt do too well in 2unit either... i guess im just beta at 3u n 4u...
yeah, that tends to happen alot.
after i dropped down i found that i over-examined everything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)