Dropping a Subject (1 Viewer)

randomuser246

HSC
Is it still possible to drop a subject even though there is less than a term until hsc. Seriously considering dropping engineering studies as we still have over a whole topic left and it’s stressing me out. I did SOR accelerated which I got 41/50 in and for engineering to be worth keeping if need an 80 which I’m not sure I will be able to get. All my other subjects (except maybe English) have better marks but rank is currently second in a relatively strong class. Last year my school didn’t get any band 5 or 6 but the person ranked first right now could get a band 6 which could bring us up a bit. I think if i drop it I could do better in my other subjects because it’s taking up a lot of time. Any suggestions what I should do?

HSC
If you would still have 10 units after dropping engineering and think you can do good in those subjects then you could. but you have gotten so far so also like you could just finish it. like i did accelerated maths last year, hated most of it and was passing with 60%, but finished with final hsc mark of 72. i was very tempted to drop term 2 before the trial cos it was so stressful, but actually finishing it helped me prove i can do hard things.

but if its going to detriment your other subjects then i would drop it

randomuser246

HSC
I did accelerated maths as well last year and ended up with an 89 after getting pretty mid marks throughout the year but this kind feels different because we are so behind.
If you would still have 10 units after dropping engineering and think you can do good in those subjects then you could. but you have gotten so far so also like you could just finish it. like i did accelerated maths last year, hated most of it and was passing with 60%, but finished with final hsc mark of 72. i was very tempted to drop term 2 before the trial cos it was so stressful, but actually finishing it helped me prove i can do hard things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)