• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

dropping ancient.. (1 Viewer)

classics_chic

HSC
Ancient generally scales up compared to other subjects. It's recognised by the Board of Studies as an intellectually challenging subject* (which is the most important criteria when working out how to scale) and therefore is more likely to scale up.

(* They work this out by comparing English to other subjects and from that work out what clever people are doing. Again and again, Ancient History is done by clever people. So give yourselves a clap on the back, people!)

Paroissien

HSC
I thought it scaled poorly compared to other subjects, but if you get a decent mark its not going to have to much of an effect. Or so is my understanding.

classics_chic

HSC
Paroissien said:
I thought it scaled poorly compared to other subjects, but if you get a decent mark its not going to have to much of an effect. Or so is my understanding.
Well people have said that but everyone I've spoken to who actually did it (ie not teachers and careers advisors) had their marks scaled up. My internal mark was in the low 80's and it got scaled up to 90. I was thrilled to bits.

jimmik

HSC
thanks so much for all the support u guys!

well im keeping it. got 100% in my last assessment so it was a gud choice to make. 2 otha ppl in my class dropped it (shows how bad our teacher is) just before the results for the assessment came back.

let's jus hope i can hold on and keep at this. for me, ancient is very time consuming. i don't know why. maybe i'm just really picky and too critical...

but thanks agen for all the info u guys hav given me. it's been a really gud morale boost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)