dropping and picking up subjects (1 Viewer)

darksouljah

HSC
allo,

yea. just wondering if it was possible for me to drop physics and pick up business studies half way towads HSC course.

I'm changing it because harder concepts are filling up and i already got two other science which need to be really focused.

currently doing 10 units

I've done business studies fully throughout the PRELIMINARY course but decided to drop because of my marks. (i was stupid that time)

I've done my half yearlies in physics..

I'm really good at catching up

please. tell/ advice me if it is possible to pick up and drop up a subject half way twoards HSC and if yes.. is there a way i can do al the assessmnetz for the subject picked.

thanks appreciate it

darksouljah

HSC
you mean.. i can only take up mathz... ( 2unit to 4unit?) dont know if its possible>

williamc

HSC
Today i got told that i can't drop from Studies of Religion 2, to Studies of Religion 1. The BOS classifys them as compltely different subjects, and not Re2 being an extension of Re1 in which my opinion it is. They cover the same content in Re1 but only less of it. My only option is if i drop Religion all together but then i would only do 10 units, which im unsure of, although im almost certain it wont count towards my UAI. So i don't think you have a chance of changing subjects mid-year.

Last edited:

woodentoy

HSC
f3nr15 said:
you can drop from maths to general maths.
Did the initial post say anything about maths?

To the person who started the thread - I seriously doubt you could drop Physics and pick up Business to replace it, even if you did complete Business in Prelim. You might possibly be able to pick up Business and catch it up, but I think the cut-off for re-picking up subjects was pretty early on, like start of term one this year at the latest. Edit: I don't think there was any universal rule on this. I'm just talking about my school.

Last edited:

Sukey

HSC
Don't think it's really that wise to do something as radical as that half way through...

Also, someone mentioned that the school might not allow it, which is defintely true. One of my friends wanted to drop Geography and pick up Physics halfway through term 1. But our science head refused to let her.

But hey, why drop Physics? It's the best!!

elseany

HSC
afaik theres a cut off date where you have to finalise your subject choices, i think its in april or something, but yeh its somewhere near the mid year. You can do any subject as long as you did the preliminary course for it. I remember some guy wanted to do IT in year 12 and the teacher went through the prelim stuff with him and made him submit all the assignments (he later got kicked out because he didnt finsih the prelim tasks haha) but yeh, considering you've already done the prelim course for BS and provided your before the cut-off date, im sure you could swap, dunno if it'd be a wise move though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)