dropping ext 1: i need some advice (1 Viewer)

star87

hi, if i'm averaging like 50's in my ext 1 exams is there a point in keeping it or shuld i drop it....???

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
I used to get around the same mark in year 11 because I never used to do any work for it. Maybe you just need to allocate more time for it, or do you want to drop it because you find it a little difficult?

^___^
HSC
haha, ur like me..rankwise..

cept marks i was worst..like 35-40%

then i kinda worked a bit and pulled a 70% in the hsc

star87

yeh it is difficult...like in my exams i kinda struggle with the Q's, and i think im doin them rite but they're actually wrong

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
depends on what your aiming for in the hsc. If you can cope with it, keep it. But if you find its too difficult, drop it.

I'd consult with my teacher, if i were you.

And if you REALLY want to keep it, but aren't doing all that well, get tuition. Most of the smarter students get tuition for the HSC. heheh

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by paki786
yeh it is difficult...like in my exams i kinda struggle with the Q's, and i think im doin them rite but they're actually wrong
Are you in year 11 or year 12? Do you have a tutor? I found that having a tutor is really good because they explain things properly, until you actually grasp the concept, and you can ask them questions.

star87

i am in yr12...i don't have a tutor coz i don't have the time & plus i have got 13 units so do u think i should drop it??

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
well because you're doing 13 units, maybe you should drop it. It really depends on how much effort you're willing to put into it, and how much time you actually have because you're doing 13 units. Before you make any decisions, it's probably best for you to talk to your teacher :)

Affinity

HSC
no.. it's next to the best subject .. extension 2

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Bear in mind when making your decision that a raw 50 % will scale to a mark above 40 / 50.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Affinity
no.. it's next to the best subject .. extension 2
Damn you, I was going to say that

hatty

Banned
Originally posted by CM_Tutor
Bear in mind when making your decision that a raw 50 % will scale to a mark above 40 / 50.
i thought information like this was unknown. no one has ever accessed their raw marks or something similar

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by hatty
i thought information like this was unknown. no one has ever accessed their raw marks or something similar
With the exception of Lazarus, no one has ever got hold of their own raw marks. However, there is general information available.

hatty

Banned
Originally posted by CM_Tutor
so how sure are you about this piece of information? it seems a little 2 good 2 be true

luckyduck

no extension maths is good to keep when you have only 10 units so if you do bad in a subject the one unit is good for backup!
bt i guess you have 13 units so extension probalbi means nothing to do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)