Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep it. It scales well

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Drop it. Not worth the time

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

brack777

HSC
At the momment I have 14 units. I have a choice of dropping IPT or History Ext. I do well in IPT but then again it is easy and I am alright at history. Both teachers seem to be providing information on why to drop the other subject. I am a fairly good writer but can't imagine getting in the very high 90's. Is History Ext. too much work for the UAI outcome or is a lower scaled subject such as IPT better even if it is less rewarding?

Demandred

HSC
Really depends if you like it or not and where you want to be in the future, forget about scaling.

I found history extension to be very hard, in fact I struggled to understand the readings and nearly failed the half yearlies. I had lots of fun bludging IPT with my friends, it is easy, and that is the main reason everyone do so crap, they become complacent in knowing that (inc me). Both are very useful units nevertheless.

brack777

HSC
Yeah, I'm getting scared of History Ext. now with so many people saying how hard it is. If you can get a comparable mark to an assured band 6 in IPT then i would probably choose History Ext even if your not a total english buff. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)