• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Dropping IT for 4U Maths (1 Viewer)

acevipa

HSC
I'm not too sure whether at the end of Year 11, whether I should drop Information Technology for 4 unit Maths. If I do Information Technology, I get a TAFE certificate in IT. However, I'm unsure whether if maybe I do 4 unit maths, whether it will boost my UAI. I'm already doing 3 unit maths. My question is will doing 4 unit maths boost my UAI more than doing IT. And what's your opinion.

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Why do you have to make the decision NOW? Why not wait it out, see how you cope with extension 1 maths and then decide what will be best for your studies.

jellybelly59

HSC
i think maths ext 2 will boost u more in ur uai if u do well in it (don't quote me cause im not sure :D)...but if ur getting average or only slightly above average marks and ur owning in IT den what's the point...? Depends on what u like and what ur good at

D.L.S Boy

HSC
well i think IT is good ( i am doing both computer couses IPT & SDD ) and i am doin math ext 1 so in the end its up to u

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Mark576 said:
Why do you have to make the decision NOW? Why not wait it out, see how you cope with extension 1 maths and then decide what will be best for your studies.
Qft.

The Hippy

HSC
ITs a shit subject, boring as batshit. cant wait to drop. And if your relying on the measly certificate, be aware that it means jackcrap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)